External DNS entries for paired Standard Edition pool RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

currently I have paired 2 Standard Edition FE servers. How should I configure external DNS entries?

I have 2 sip domains that I need to add to configuration (so they reflect the country naming for the new SfB deployment).

So, I need to publish webexternal services for each SE FE server, which means, 2 public ip´s, one for each.

Then I have to publish lyncdiscover for each domain so users can connect externally. 

And at that point I am confused. I have Public IP1 (web ext services for SE FE 1) and Public IP 2 (web ext services for SE FE 2). Then I have lyncdiscover.sipdomain1.xy and lyncdiscover.sipdomain2.xy. Towards what public IP should I point them? Shall I Point one lyncdiscover towards one SE and the other to second one? Or shall I point both lyncdiscovers towards SE FE 1, and if there is a request from user homed on SE FE 2, SE FE 1 will redirect it to correct registrar?

Many thanks for your reply,

Tomas

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Tomas,

If you are using the two lyncdiscover records with two domains for accessing external web service, you will have to point each of them to the corresponding reverse proxy public IP address which stands for its own external web service FQDN accordingly.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, November 15, 2018 3:58 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue. :) 

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:33 AM
  • Hello,

sure, I will mark it as answer, I just need to verify that everything is working. Please have patience:)

Thank you

Tomas

Friday, November 23, 2018 8:50 AM
  • Ok, please feel free to let us know if any updated. :)

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Friday, November 23, 2018 8:54 AM
  • Hello,

okay, I am still very confused on how to configure this properly. So, once again I will try to explain:

I have two Edge servers and two standard edition FE servers, plus F5 load balancer for web services, and 2 sip domains that need to work.

Now, regarding public IP´s that I need:

For web services - 1 public IP that will be pointing to LB should be enough for everything I guess (?) - I have planned to have simple urls under lync.domain.com/dialin etc, so basically I plan to point lyncdiscover, lync and lyncweb dns entries for both domains towards one public IP.

Regarding edges - now its a bit more complicated. so each edge needs 3 public IPs (i dont want to use 1 and define ports). For 2 edges its 6 IP´s then. Now, it is necessary to create VIPs for each service, and point them towards respective IPs on each interface? (like access Edge VIP will resolve to 2 access edge IP´s, one of each edge server) - will it raise my need for public IPs, or does it mean I will have only 3 public IP that will go to IP´s in my DMZ?

Thank you for your reply,

Tomas

Friday, December 7, 2018 8:11 AM