PeopleSoft MA? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is a PeopleSoft MA still planned for inclusion with SP2?

If not, have alternate release plans for this MA been made?

Thanks,
    John
    Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:25 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

We are working on a date for release of the PeopleSoft Management Agent. In the interim, we recommend you use flat files to connect to PeopleSoft or work with a Microsoft partner for PeopleSoft MA connectivity.  I will publish an update on the release date on the forum in the near future.

Regards,

Alym

Friday, June 16, 2006 4:14 AM

All replies

• Hey JF

I doubt if the PeopleSoft MA would make it in time for a SP2 release. Unofficially the development of the PeopleSoft MA has been delayed due to various reason - and as such there has been no release timeframe set.

-Al

Friday, June 9, 2006 2:37 PM
  • Hi Al -

Thanks for replying.

-John
    Monday, June 12, 2006 2:49 PM
  • Hi John,

We are working on a date for release of the PeopleSoft Management Agent. In the interim, we recommend you use flat files to connect to PeopleSoft or work with a Microsoft partner for PeopleSoft MA connectivity.  I will publish an update on the release date on the forum in the near future.

Regards,

Alym

Friday, June 16, 2006 4:14 AM
  • Hi,

I am also eager to know when Peoplesoft MA would be released. Is there a documentation of the alternate method to handle this.

regards,

Hanuman

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 1:09 PM
  • A work around for the absence of an MA for Peoplesoft is to setup view of the Peoplesoft database containing only the information you want to use in MIIS.  You can then use the Oracle 8i / 9i MA to connect to that view.
    Tuesday, July 18, 2006 12:47 AM
  • Just wanted to let you know I have been using this method for PeopleSoft since MMS. I had the PeopleSoft devs create a custom sqr that generates a table that I work with and the process runs every 2 hours for going on 4 years now
    Friday, November 3, 2006 12:34 PM
  •  AlymRayani_MSFT wrote:

Hi John,

Regards,

Alym

how can i get the PeopleSoft MA connectivity of microsoft partner?

Monday, August 25, 2008 4:26 PM
  • What Alym means is that you hire a Microsoft Partner, like my employer, Ensynch to build an Extensible Connectivity Management Agent (XMA) for you.

Monday, August 25, 2008 4:53 PM
  • Hello,

Are there still plans to release a Peoplesoft MA, or is using an Oracle or SQL MA still the best approach to creating and managing user information, specifically user profiles?

Cheers,

Marc
    Marc Mac Donell, Senior Consultant (Identity Assurance), Avaleris Inc.
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 8:18 PM
  • Still no plans that I am aware of. Keep using Oracle and SQL MA's or flat files
    David Lundell www.ilmBestPractices.com
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 8:36 PM
  • Also try the ilmxframework.codeplex.com SQL xMA 1.0..

Much better then the normal sql ma... There is an Oracle xMA in the works.

Honestly I don't think there is a need for a PeopleSoft XMA, its more trouble then its worth.

Joe
    Joe Stepongzi - Identity Management Consultant - ILM MVP - www.microsoftIdM.com,ilmXframework.codeplex.com
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 10:26 PM