windows 8.1 lock screen delay ... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi every one ... I have a problem with my tablet (Asus vivo tab smart ) and new windows 8.1 that I was update last night ...

lock screen is have 2-3 second delay to appear ...

Please share your knowledge to me ...

Thanks ...

Friday, October 18, 2013 9:00 PM

Answers

• Hi, I have ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C and after installing Windows 8.1 I experienced the same lag at the lock-screen.

For me it is caused by Intel GMA driver 9.14.3.1168, installed from Windows Update after 8.1 installation.

You can check this by going to the Event Viewer, System journal and searching for Display Warning events, with text "Driver igdkmd32 stops responding and was successful restored". Driver restoration caused this long delay at lock-screen.

Version of the driver, that is working without problems in my tablet is 9.14.3.1117. It is included in ASUS DriverPackage 2.0.0.

So, to fix the problem:

1. Disable drivers auto update, if you don't disable this - Windows connects to the network and auto updates 1117 driver to the 1168 in the background.

2. Delete Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator from Device manager and check Delete driver files

3. Restart and check, that you have 9.14.3.1117 driver. If not - reinstall ASUS DriverPackage 2.0.0

• Proposed as answer by m.smirnov Saturday, October 19, 2013 11:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by S E P A N T A Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:24 AM
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 11:32 AM
  • Hi my friend ... thank for your useful post ... I do every step ...but it doesn't work for me ...  because when I deleted graphic driver it return back to (Microsoft basic display adapter) ... and when I reinstall Asus driver package 2.0.0 , It doesn't work again .thank you ...

thanks my friends ... I find exact driver for graphic in this form  :

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus/59081-8-1-graphics-driver-fix-asus-vivotab-smart-me400c-until-ms-update-figures-out.html#

If my problem is yours visit this link and read post #10 .

Be lucky...

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:24 AM

All replies

• Hi, its normal behavior. But still if you don't think that its correct, it may delay due to high startup impact of other startup programs installed on you tab.

Thanks !

Hi All,

Saturday, October 19, 2013 6:11 AM
  • im getting the same problem too, not just at start up. im using a vivo tab smart.
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 6:43 AM
  • Hi my friend ... thank you for your help ... but no ... isn't solution.

This is not happened only if I turn on or off ... its happened all the time that I press power bottom to sleep tablet.

Thanks ...

Saturday, October 19, 2013 9:31 AM
  • Hi, I have ASUS VivoTab Smart ME400C and after installing Windows 8.1 I experienced the same lag at the lock-screen.

For me it is caused by Intel GMA driver 9.14.3.1168, installed from Windows Update after 8.1 installation.

You can check this by going to the Event Viewer, System journal and searching for Display Warning events, with text "Driver igdkmd32 stops responding and was successful restored". Driver restoration caused this long delay at lock-screen.

Version of the driver, that is working without problems in my tablet is 9.14.3.1117. It is included in ASUS DriverPackage 2.0.0.

So, to fix the problem:

1. Disable drivers auto update, if you don't disable this - Windows connects to the network and auto updates 1117 driver to the 1168 in the background.

2. Delete Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator from Device manager and check Delete driver files

3. Restart and check, that you have 9.14.3.1117 driver. If not - reinstall ASUS DriverPackage 2.0.0

• Proposed as answer by m.smirnov Saturday, October 19, 2013 11:33 AM
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 11:32 AM
  • Hi my friend ... thank for your useful post ... I do every step ...but it doesn't work for me ...  because when I deleted graphic driver it return back to (Microsoft basic display adapter) ... and when I reinstall Asus driver package 2.0.0 , It doesn't work again .thank you ...

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:24 AM

thanks my friends ... I find exact driver for graphic in this form  :

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus/59081-8-1-graphics-driver-fix-asus-vivotab-smart-me400c-until-ms-update-figures-out.html#

If my problem is yours visit this link and read post #10 .

Be lucky...

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:24 AM