none
MAP Failed to Connect to 80% of our Computers RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I used Microsoft assessment and planning toolkit 4.0 to see the number of the computers that can be upgrade to Window 7. The problem is when I try to connect to the computers to get the information, more than 80% failed to connect. Although, I am using the domain admin account. We have more than 2000 computers in our environment. The report only shows around 100 computers information and the rest are insufficient data. Can any one  please explain to me the reason of that?

Regards,

Mohammed

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 3:22 PM

All replies

• Sorry your having troubles.  Here are 2 quick steps you should do in order to make sure you are able to get a good connection/inventory of your machines.

1.        Make sure that you do all the steps outlined in the Getting started Guide under the preparing your environment.

2.        Use WBEMTEST to verify that you are able to successfully make a WMI request from the machine running MAPS to any of the machines that you were having connection issues with. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtxo8re2_9w  If you can pass a test with WBEMTEST, MAPS will be able to work correctly

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 10:37 PM