none
Enterprise Mode site list and manual override RRS feed

• Question

• I have a small question / issue when using Enterprise Mode.

We have enabled it using GPO by specifying both a site list and the Enable settings for manual override. This works fine but I don't know how to reset the manual override if somebody flicks the EM mode for a specific site.

I just want to tell IE to forget all manual overrides and apply the sitelist as delivered.

I tried to look in the registry, in the %AppData% fodler, even cleared the IE cache but IE still remembers the user overrides.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks, Nic.

Monday, November 3, 2014 11:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Nic,

As the official documents said, this registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\EnterpriseMode] “Enable” = “” | {URL:port} can also be used to collect manual overrides. By configuring the “Enable” key with a valid URL and port, Internet Explorer will initiate a simple POST to the supplied address whenever a user enables or disables Enterprise Mode. This effectively helps customers crowd-source lists of compatible Web apps from their own users, which may decrease triage and testing costs.

Approximately 65 seconds after Internet Explorer 11 starts, it looks for a properly formatted site list. If a new site list is found, with a different version number than the active list, Internet Explorer 11 loads and uses the newer version.

This is designed by default, and we cannot reset the by preventing the changes.

We may try to logon script to re-deploy the original site list to reset the site list settings.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 5:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Nic,

As the official documents said, this registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\EnterpriseMode] “Enable” = “” | {URL:port} can also be used to collect manual overrides. By configuring the “Enable” key with a valid URL and port, Internet Explorer will initiate a simple POST to the supplied address whenever a user enables or disables Enterprise Mode. This effectively helps customers crowd-source lists of compatible Web apps from their own users, which may decrease triage and testing costs.

Approximately 65 seconds after Internet Explorer 11 starts, it looks for a properly formatted site list. If a new site list is found, with a different version number than the active list, Internet Explorer 11 loads and uses the newer version.

This is designed by default, and we cannot reset the by preventing the changes.

We may try to logon script to re-deploy the original site list to reset the site list settings.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 5:47 AM
  • When a user manually enables EMIE for a specific site this information is stored somewhere?

Where is this information stored and how can I delete it?

For Example there is an issue with a Website. The user enables EMIE for this site. Now the site works as designed and redirects to another site automatically everytime the user visits this site. How can the EMIE be turned of again for the website that does the redirect? 

Friday, November 28, 2014 7:57 AM
  • We got at least this far, simply enable the use Sites List GPO and disable the other GPO setting to allow users to enable or use F12.

Our biggest obstacle right now is it works as designed but not a single published way to choose another option such as USE IE 8 MODE unless I STATE OTHERWISE.

You can only enable and if you have 2000 websites in IE 8 and a development organization refusing to update what happens is the problem because a client side problem.

So now, Citrix and Workstation is responsible to add all these sites and maintain a central file while forced to deploy IE 11 to support 5 sites and 2000 sites continue to remain IE 8 and some IE 7.

I keep hoping I'll run across a hack for sites.xml but cannot find it.  Nothing I've done works.  I've read multiple books on XML.  It seems to be a specific way IE reads the file.

Anyone willing to help?

Monday, April 27, 2015 11:00 PM
  • This link explains how you can configure a subdomain to be excluded from the CV Enterprise Mode settings.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/daa504a4-26ad-4c33-9ea9-073cb5065bbd/compatiblity-view-currently-enabled-for-foocom-is-it-possible-to-exclude-compatibility-view-for?forum=ieitprocurrentver

Friday, December 18, 2015 3:47 PM