publish same application from multiple version of the underlying package at the same time RRS feed

• Question

• let's say we have visio 2007 virtualized, now need to push out SP2 for visio 2007.

ideally, I'd like to update the package, and publish visio 2007 from the updated package to a small test group, while all others are still using visio 2007 from the old package.

how can do this? now the only way I can see is to install another app-v management and streaming server, then publish to test group there.

Monday, August 23, 2010 10:06 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Yeah, creating a branch of an old package or simply a new package to distribute to test users would be the best way forward.

/Znack
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 4:43 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Yeah, creating a branch of an old package or simply a new package to distribute to test users would be the best way forward.

/Znack
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 4:43 AM
  • Znack,

Can you elaborate a little bit? How to create a branch of an old package or create a new package from the same project file.

I tried and could not create an second package with the same program ID on one server.

Or you were talking about new features to app-v?

Thanks

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:30 PM
  • Hello,

Packet branch has been around since it was Softricity and in training its one of the possible upgrade roots.

Its well documented even in the most current sequencing whitepaper (again, in chapter 9 - the upgrade section).

You can never have a conflicting asset directory and the osd-file must be unique aswell as the combination of NAME + VERSION for any application - apart from that (which really applies to all packages) there isn't much to it.

/Znack

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:23 PM