none
Running server 2012r2, want a GPO to force screen lockout after 20 minutes (but for Windows 7 desktop)?

Question

• I know there is a setting in Server 2012r2 AD group policy manager for "Interactive logon: Machine inactivity limit" but my understanding is that this only applies to machines running Windows 8 and above.

The 2 machines on this network that need this type of policy applied are both Win 7 Pro boxes, so I'm not sure how to do this properly.  I'd prefer to do it via GPO, but if this is something that needs to be done locally I "guess" we can go that route if absolutely necessary.  

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 6:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I know there is a setting in Server 2012r2 AD group policy manager for "Interactive logon: Machine inactivity limit" but my understanding is that this only applies to machines running Windows 8 and above.

>>>In my opinion, the setting is also applied to Windows 7.

To achieve this, you could also configure personalization under User Configuration in group policy.

For more information, please refer to the similar thread below.

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1416384-gpo-to-lock-the-computer-after-10-minutes-of-inactivity

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 5, 2017 1:19 PM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates?

If the reply above has resolved your problem, please mark it as answer as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters the similar issue.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jay

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 23, 2017 6:27 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any feedbacks?

Best Regards,

Jay

Thursday, February 2, 2017 12:05 PM