locked
SCCM 2012 R2 Migration - Clients being lost RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am in the process of migrating SCCM 2007 to SCCM 2012 R2.  I had about 11 clients that all were working successfully for about a week.  As of yesterday all are reporting as Client "No", client type "None" but with the site code of the 2012 R2 server.  If I check the clientlocation log file of one of the clients, I don't see it reporting to the old SCCM server or anything like that.  SCEP definitions are still deploying successfully, however I can't deploy any packages to any of the devices.

    Any ideas where I should start looking?

    * Edit: A software updates deployment I just made started and is asking for a reboot.  However my client in SCCM still shows Client as No, Client type as  None.  Also, there is no information listed for Policy Request, Heartbeat DDR, Hardware Scan, Software Scan, Management Point, etc.  This information was there as of yesterday morning.
    • Edited by Frentic Wednesday, July 2, 2014 2:26 PM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 2:16 PM

Answers

  • I think I figured this out.  I had the 'Clear Install Flag' maintenance task set to run every Tuesday/Wednesday/Sunday between 12AM and 5AM for anything without a heartbeat within the last 4 days.  Heartbeat Discovery was configured to only run once a week.  I think it just ended up clearing the install flag on my test clients.
    • Marked as answer by Frentic Wednesday, July 2, 2014 3:04 PM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 3:04 PM