none
Error 'the following data range failed to refresh: feed_Mappage'

Question

• Hello,

I have an excel spreadsheet which uses Power Query, Power Pivot Data Model and retreives External data from Web. It is currently saved (as a developer version with macros) as an xlsm file. With this file, refreshing data with "Refresh all" works perfectly.

The macro are actually used only for developement, so I would like to remove them when delivering the final spreadsheet to users. Therefore I saved the file as xlsx. When I then try to "Refresh all", I get the following error :

"The following data range failed to refresh: feed_Mappage. Continue to refresh all ?"

I have no idea what this "feed_Mappage" is and I could not find any help from searching the web. Any idea how to solved this issue ?

I am working with Excel 2016.

Friday, April 5, 2019 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, please check if there are unused Queries or Connections existed in Excel. Please go to Data- Queries & Connections:

Did this problem also appear in other users' PC?

If this problem can be reproduced in other users' PC, I suggest you provide the sample file to our email address, I will try to test this problem.

If possible, you could send this file to our email address:

ibsofc@microsoft.com

Note: Please add the URL of the case in the email subject or body, please make sure that you have hidden your private information.

I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, April 8, 2019 8:17 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information of LaMerk was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, the problem also occurs on other users' PC.

I don't understand what you mean by "unused Queries or Connections existed in Excel" and I don't know how to check this.

I will clean up the file from private information and send it to you.

May I also remind you that the same file is working when saved as xlsm, and not working as xlsx.

Regards

• Edited by zifnab Tuesday, April 9, 2019 10:26 AM
    Tuesday, April 9, 2019 9:58 AM
  • Hello,

update : I now get the same error with the xlsm file.

Did you have time to look at the file I sent to your email address ? Any feedback ?

Best regards.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 4:25 PM