none
How to override FBA login default.aspx page in SharePoint? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have configured forms based authetication (claims mode) for my SharePoint web application. While browsing the claims web application, the login page shows two options in dropdownlist 1. Windows and 2. Forms authentication. It's really good. It works fine based on the mode selection. But I would like to provide the sign up link in this page to register new users in SharePoint. I need to write some logic in /Login/default.aspx code behind. While clicking sign up link, getting the current web and current site, then launch the Registration page along with the processed query strings such as web, site. How to do this? Any Ideas?...

The default fba login page available in the location below,
    14\TEMPLATE\IDENTITYMODEL\FORMS

Thanks & Regards,
    Muthukumar.G

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 4:30 AM

Answers

• Actually I recently done something similar. I am in process of writing a blog post for it so once done will put the link here.. but for now here are basic steps. 

1.  You need to create you custom default page, you can take a look at this blog entry to get an idea. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kaevans/archive/2010/07/09/creating-a-custom-login-page-for-sharepoint-2010.aspx. To keep things simple and saving time I copied the default login selector page, and use it for customizations. If you carefully analyze your requirement you need to extended/add feature to this page (see point 3 as one possible way of doing that) 

2.  The default page use simplev4.master master page, lot of styling and layout goes inside it, so if you want to tweak it , copy it and customzie it, then reference it inside your customize default login page.

3. To add the code behind, what I have done is I have created a custom control (similar like your need I have to add a link button which renders different link based on some business logic). I then use this custom control inside default page (simply register the control). 

4. All the above artifacts should be deploy in 14 hive layouts folder under your custom folder (e.g. MyCustomLogin) using SharePoint 2010 solutions. With VS 2010 this hardly takes couple of minutes to package everything and test it out.

Microsoft SharePoint MVP |http://razirais.wordpress.com| MCT| MCPD SharePoint 2010 Developer| MCITP SharePoint Administrator 2010
    • Marked as answer by GuYuming Wednesday, June 15, 2011 3:07 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:56 PM