EndUser pc not installing update RRS feed

• Question

• We have just build up WSUS at windows 2016, everything get working...and client's able to receive update via our WSUS server.

The server just build up last Monday only download Security Update, we have checked the log, not all the security update installed at user's PC , such as KB4480960 , log showing " the update is installed / not applicable on X PC.....

I   have double check the PC, there is no update calling KB4480960 , then i go to microsoft to download KB4480960 , i'm able to install manual, how to get this fix ?

because it is over one week now, but look like only 10-20 update installed at PC ( the PC never updated before )

Is there anyway i can do something at WSUS ?

please advise.

Thanks

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.
    I recommend that you follow the steps below to troubleshoot:

1. Please read the following article to clean up WSUS: "How to identify and decline superseded updates in WSUS. "
    2. Please read the following article, Reindex WSUS database: "Re-index the WSUS database"

* Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:54 AM
  • already tried the link you suggest, but still not work.

if i search KB4480960 , WSUS still show as  the update is installed / not applicable on X Computers.

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:00 AM
  • Are the client machines actually reporting to WSUS properly?

https://www.ajtek.ca/wsus/client-machines-not-reporting-to-wsus-properly/

If not, they may not see the 'need' for the update.

If they are, the update may not be applicable to it. Have you tried to run the KB update manually downloaded from the catalog on the machine?

Adam Marshall, MCSE: Security
    https://www.ajtek.ca
    Microsoft MVP - Windows and Devices for IT

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:39 AM
  • Thanks for follow up.

Just a quick review what i did last couple of hours....

1.  reinstalled flash windows 2016 and setup new WSUS

2. WSUS "products" only choose windows 7 without automatic approvals ( I had set it to automatic approvals before that )

3. only search (KB4480960) and approve

4. In "all Computer" , i can see there is reported back to my WSUS server , i think 8530 port working fine.

And wait for about 2 hours, under WSUS > All updates > KB4480960 

it showing

The files for this update have not yet been downloaded, the update can be approved but will not be available to computers until the download is complete    ( keep in mind , that KB already approved )

Tried to do more research,but still not able to fix my issue, please help.

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 9:10 AM
  • After wait around 13 hours

look like downloaded and it showing " this update supersedes another update. before you decline...."

and i have checked the report, 

Cumputer name                      approval                      Status

PC1       (this one should be i install it manual)                                  Installed                      installed

PC2         (my pc)                                   installed                     Not applicable     

PC3                                           installed                     Not applicable

any idea how to fix it ?

Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:50 AM