none
Question about Cancelling Meeting

Question

• Hi All,

Here is the long and the short of it. I screwed up and accidentally imported some appointments from a termed user's exported .pst into my own calendar. I clicked the wrong radio button in the import wizard and put it in my folder instead of a new separate one. I realized what i had done within like 5 - 10 secs and cancelled the import, so it wasnt as bad as it could have been.

There aren't that many recurring appointments, maybe 8. I would like to get rid of them but the termed user was the Organizer. So even though they are just copies of her appointment I can't delete them, it wants me to cancel the meeting. If I cancel the meeting it will send out notifications, which of course I dont want. It would just be confusing, and a pain in the butt to explain. I could live with them there, it isnt like my calendar is full of appointments. But i would like to try to solve the problem and remove them without sending notifications.

I am using Outlook 2013, and our exchange mailboxes are all in 2016, newly migrated from 2013.

I have read a few different ideas online on how to remove them without sending notifications.

1. the go offline, cancel them, delete the outbox, and then reconnect approach

2. move them to a different folder approach

Has anyone done either of these and it worked?

I also was wondering if it is possible to delete the meetings out of my calendar with MFCMAPI. I have never really used it before, I am still fairly new to Exchange Administration. So if I could use it would it send notifications? Or is notification strictly generated by Outlook?

Any help or advice would be very appreciated. I sure feel dumb, but i know i cant be the only one to ever screw up lol. 

Ehlo Olhe

Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:23 AM

Answers

• A bit of an update here. Another admin and I were discussing this, and he suggested to use this approach:

Get-Mailbox -identity <my mailbox> | Search-Mailbox -SearchQuery Subject:"<meeting subject>" -Deletecontent

We have done this and it seems to work fine. And it hasn't sent any notifications that we can see.

Ehlo Olhe

Friday, March 24, 2017 12:03 AM

All replies

• A bit of an update here. Another admin and I were discussing this, and he suggested to use this approach:

Get-Mailbox -identity <my mailbox> | Search-Mailbox -SearchQuery Subject:"<meeting subject>" -Deletecontent

We have done this and it seems to work fine. And it hasn't sent any notifications that we can see.

Ehlo Olhe

Friday, March 24, 2017 12:03 AM
  • Good to see you've figured it out. Thank you for sharing your solutions and experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

By the way, do you mind to mark your reply as answer, so it will be easy for other members to find the useful one?

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 24, 2017 10:32 AM
  • Thanks Ethan, just did.

Ehlo

Monday, March 27, 2017 5:41 PM