WSS 3.0 SP3 Upgrade Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have upgraded my WSS 3.0 server to Service Pack 3. After the upgrade, the websites are working, however the Central Administration is returning "404 page not found" error. 

When i run SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard to upgrade the farm the following error occurs:

---------------------

Failed to initiate the upgrade sequence. An exception of type Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeException was thrown. Additional exception information: The specified SPContentDatabase Name=SharePoint_AdminContent_b9b2f785-0e0c-4e15-9140-2a8c45226114 Parent=SPDatabaseServiceInstance Name=Microsoft##SSEE has been upgraded to a newer version of SharePoint. Please upgrade this SharePoint application server before attempting to access this object.

-----------------

Then i tried running psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -wait but this returned an error as well:

--------------------

Failed to initiate the upgrade sequence. An exception of the type Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeException was thrown.

Additional exception information: The specified SPContentDatabase Name-SharePoint_AdminContent_b9b2f785-0e0c-4e15-9140-2a8c45226114 Parent=SPDatabaseServiceInstance Name=Microsoft##SSEE has been upgraded to a newer version of SharePoint.

Please upgrade this SharePoint application server before attempting to acces this object.

-------------------

I need to access central administration. What do you suggest i should do?

Thank you for your help.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:35 AM

Answers

All replies