none
MSP 2010 using PSI , using Enerprise Project filters retrieve Projects list . Please help, RRS feed

• Question

• I need to be able to pull a list of projects based on enterprise project level filters. I only need to retrieve Projects which belong to Enterprise Project level filter type A...

thank U , really need guidance here

some one please help me here. Using PSI to read list of Projects, I need to read only based on Project filter. Reading

tempProjDs = projectSvc.ReadProject(projectDs.Project[i].PROJ_UID,

ProjectWebSvc.

DataStoreEnum.PublishedStore);
    • Edited by AK_123 Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:35 PM
    Monday, October 21, 2013 5:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Maybe you should give more details, but here is how I interpret your need. 

You have some project's parameters (metadatas) and you need to extract a list of projects filtered along those metadatas.

First step is to ensure that you have created the right project custom fields (linking them to lookup tables would be the best idea if you want to filter afterwards), then entered those custom fields values for all projects.

Finally you can customize or add new Project Center views to display those metadata and use them as filters.

Another way to extract a list would be to create a report using Excel Services linked through an ODC to the reporting DB.

You'll find a lot of tutorials on how to create custom fields in Project Server.

Hope this help.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, October 21, 2013 5:36 PM
  • Hi Ak

based on what you have said, if i am understanding it correctly then you need to filter out list of projects having a certain enterprise custom field (referring to Enterprise project Level Filter) is that correct ? if not give us the filter values and we would eb able to help you out, however the steps should be as below

1. Use ProjectDataset = ProjectClient.ReadProjectList() method to get all projects list
    2. For each project in ProjecDataset, read individual project entities by calling method projClient.ReadEntities(projUID,32,WorkingStore)
    3. within the ProjectCsutomFields datatable within the project dataset find your respective custom field by filtering on MD_PROP_UID and retrieve the value based on type(Lookup,text,date,num) of ECF  and match if it matches
    4. if match found display it

Let sus know if this helps

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:42 PM