none
Microsoft Project Server 2010 will only let me open my Project Plan in Project Professional 2010 "read-only" RRS feed

• Question

• I created a project in Project Server and am able to open and edit it in Project Professional 2010. 

However, the resource that I assigned ownership to (and that is trying to edit the project plan) is only able to open the project in "read-only" after selecting  “Open – In Project Professional for Editing”.

The message says: "You selected a project that can be only be opened read-only. Do you want Microsoft Project to open the project read-only?"

How can we fix this issue so that the resource can have editing access? Thanks.

Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:13 PM

All replies

• Do you by any chance still have the project open in project pro?  Did you check the project back in?  Look in check in my project to see if it is still checked out after you close it.  Look at the server queue in admin to see if there were any errors while checking it back in.
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:47 PM
  • Yes, the project is definitely checked in. There were no errors checking it in... 
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:48 PM
  • The issue is resolved. My resource did not have "ownership" for the project. Thanks.
    • Proposed as answer by Jalal blali Saturday, February 1, 2014 11:04 AM
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 11:04 PM