none
Apply Wim image with multicast support RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I've a MDT server used to push wim image (provided by client) to machine

I used to run a DISM command using the Wim imported in MDT, calling \\server_name\deplyamenshare$... worked nice

We are imaging much more machine than previously and need to implement multicast

I tried replacing my DISM command line by an "install operating system" step but during the "install" process it does changes on the applied wim image (as I say, provided by client, captured from master machine, ghosted one should be identical)

I'd like to script the multicast copy / dism of the .wim, how can I do that?

Thanks

Friday, June 5, 2015 2:22 PM

All replies

• Go to your deployment share properties and check the box for multicast. You must meet the prerequisites to use it. You can find more info if you click on the Help button.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Friday, June 5, 2015 3:20 PM
  • Probably not been clear enough.

The multicast is working

BUT, the "Install Operating System" is doing way more that my command line used to do.

My command line was : dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:"\\HQCC-2\DeployShare1$\Operating Systems\OS1\OS1.wim" /Index:1 /ApplyDir:C:\

I'd like the "INstall Operating system" step to do exactly the same with just the addition of multicast

I'm trying to modify the LTIApply.wsf but's not easy :(

Friday, June 5, 2015 6:33 PM