none
Kaspersky AntiVirus

Question

• I have two issues.

1. Windows Action Center constantly tells me the database is out of date. I update it and it still tells me it is out of date.

2. When Using Kaspersky Anti-Spam, Outlook never truly closes.

Very annoying.
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 4:24 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Please let us know which version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus you are using.

Kaspersky Lab releases technical preview of Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows 7, please have a try and see how it works then.

Technical Preview for Microsoft Windows 7

Please remove the previous version before installing.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Thanks

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 10:14 AM
  • I used Windows Security Alerts and it found it. However, it is on the Kaspersky site  at kaspersky.com/windows7
    Friday, February 20, 2009 6:09 PM

All replies

• 1) i had the same exact problem it would always show outdated virus files.
        what i did is deleted and installed Norton for W7 and had no problems

2) the other issue i found was related to all this is.....the Wireless driver for my dell laptop was not compatable with W7.
    so i went to update the driver saying to find the update myself on my computer and found the windows driver and now works fine.
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 1:54 PM
  •  

Hi,

Please let us know which version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus you are using.

Kaspersky Lab releases technical preview of Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows 7, please have a try and see how it works then.

Technical Preview for Microsoft Windows 7

Please remove the previous version before installing.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Thanks

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 10:14 AM
  • Yeah. I have been having the same problems with my AVG anti-virus program. Windows 7 tells me it is outdated and no matter how many times I download the latest updates it still tells me it is out of date.

Other than that I have had no real big problems with the OS except the normal Motherboard drivers issues just like when XP first came out.
    Hard getting the right drivers for a beta OS.
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 3:00 PM
  • I have been using the Technical Preview for Windows 7 since day one of the beta.
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 4:39 PM
  •  

Hi,

Thank you for updating.

The issue can be caused by the factor that the Repository folder contained corrupted files. Let’s rename the folder to see if it works.

Restore the WMI Repository

====================

1. Click "Start", type: services in the search box and press Enter.

2. Right click on “Windows Management Instrumention”, choose Stop. Do not close this Service window.

3. Locate Repository folder in C:\windows\system32\wbem, rename Repository to Repositoryold. Repository

4. Restart the “Windows Management Instrumention” service.

5. Restart the computer to test this issue.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Friday, February 20, 2009 9:57 AM
  • Xeos said:

I have been using the Technical Preview for Windows 7 since day one of the beta.

Where did you download it from.  I got it from a link from the Kaspersky forum (I did not find it directly on their website), and it brought a keylogger with it....  Got rid of it all fast.
    Friday, February 20, 2009 5:35 PM
  • I used Windows Security Alerts and it found it. However, it is on the Kaspersky site  at kaspersky.com/windows7
    Friday, February 20, 2009 6:09 PM
  • Hi,

New link for Kaspresky technical preview

http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/KIS2013/13.0.0.3089/en/

Nelex.

Monday, April 30, 2012 1:49 PM