none
programs tested that are compatible and not compatible and their configurations to work properly here! RRS feed

• General discussion

• ok heres a list of programs that i tested and successfully installed and/or run on windows 7 ultimate X64 (beta):
    sims 2 and ALL the expansions packs (also accesories packs)-installation-run as an administrator or disable uac (your preference). running: no compatibility issues. (if you want, disable the themes and desktop composition and dpi scaling to save resources so it runs more faster.).

SPECIAL NOTE: some sims 2 patches with or without compatibility configurations, when you execute them, it will get automatically corrupted the patch file not the installation, since its somewhat incompatible with this windows version, my only recommendation its download the patch again (if it comes with the installation cd this wont happen) and try again in read-only mode on the file properties of the patch. other then that it works best than in windows xp x64.
    the chronicles of narnia, the lion the witch and the wardrobe-installation-run as an administrator or disable uac (your preference). running: no compatibility issues. (if you want, disable the themes and desktop composition and dpi scaling to save resources so it runs more faster.).
    nero 8/9: COMPLETELY INCOMPATIBLE. in any way i cannot make them install, with or without uac, running as an administrator, in compatibility mode of older windows versions, nothing, and of course, messing with the registry in ways that i cannot fix. my recommendation its to use nero 7 that apparently was a crazy version that you can install anywhere, i have a copy and it installed perfectly running as an administrator. but also i think its a modified installer so i cannot promise anything.
    Microsoft office 2007-installation: run as administrator or disable uac (your preference) running: no compatibility issues.
    need for speed most wanted: installation: you need to copy the entirely disc to the hard drive, go to the autorun folder, find autorun.cfg and open it with notepad, and change the directx 9.0c part to =0 (always its on =1) save and you will be able to install the game, disable uac or run as an administrator (your preference. running: no compatibility issues. (if you want, disable the themes and desktop composition and dpi scaling to save resources so it runs more faster.).
    hot wheels: beat that!: installation: run as administrator or disable uac (your preference) running: no compatibility issues. (if you want, disable the themes and desktop composition and dpi scaling to save resources so it runs more faster.).

O&O defrag: installing: run as an administrator or disable uac (your preference) no compatibility issues.
    running: run as an administrator or disable uac (your preference) and go to administrative tools>services and disable the volume shadow copy service, the os will stop making earlier versions of any files, but if you defragment your hard drive (even with the disk defragmenter from windows vista-windows 7) the os will detect the defragmentation as erratic file deletions, making copies and not only filling the hard disk with unnecessary copies, it will fragment even more the hard disk, this info its from the help of the program related to windows xp x64-vista and it applies to this os on 32 bits and 64 bits. after that, no compatibilities issues.

avg free 8.0: installation: run as an administrator or disable uac (your preference) running: no compatibility issues.
    opera 9.xx (newest version):installing: run as an administrator or disable uac (your preference) running: no compatibility issues.
    power iso version 4.3: installation: run as an administrator or disable uac (your preference) running: every time you run the program you must enter the name and serial key number since its unable to save the info (i am assuming that its been trying to save to the registry and windows 7 does not allow to the program do that even with uac disabled or running as an administrator). other then that no compatibility issues.

easybcd 1.7.2:installation: run as an administrator or disable uac (your preference) running: run as an administrator or disable uac (your preference) some options to edit the bootloader are incompatible on this windows os i recommend only use for changing the entry names (for example from windows 7 to windows 7 ultimate or whatever you like) or disabling the enforcement of the driver signature under 64 bit os. other options can make that os cannot boot in normal mode, but you can fix easily this pressing F8 and choosing "last configuration that worked" or similar sorry but i don't use that much the option only in this rare cases, also works if a driver or a bad configuration keeps you out of booting to the os itself. other than that no compatibility issues.

adobe photoshop cs3: installing: run as an administrator or disable uac (your preference) running: no compatibility issues.

epsxe 1.5.2 to 1.7.0: installation: run as an administrator or disable uac (your preference-only on the install program from the version 1.5.2) running: run as an administrator or disable uac (your preference). (if you want, disable the themes and desktop composition and dpi scaling to save resources so it runs more faster.).

project 64 1.6: installation: run as an administrator or disable uac (your preference) running: no compatibility issues. (if you want, disable the themes and desktop composition and dpi scaling to save resources so it runs more faster.).

mobile partner-claro internet (programs to use inalambric cellular modem devices):installation: run as an administrator or disable uac (your preference) running: run as an administrator or disable uac (your preference).

for now thats all the programs that i have tested, btw when i put running its using the program, not installing it, only on installation its the installation compatibility stuff, for example if a program on installation part says run as... or disable uac and in running part not its that for using the program isn't necessary. all of you are welcome to add your program (along your os version like 32 or 64 bits and the version of the program) i hope this helps you as it help me, all from my memory, except the O&O defrag info, thats on the help of the program.

• Edited by OVERLORDCHAOS Thursday, January 29, 2009 9:11 AM correcting grammar
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:59 AM