MySQL Server on Windows Server RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi all,

I use SCOM 2016 and I have a customer that wants to monitor a MySQL server installed on a Windows Server, so the MySQL Management Pack from Microsoft doesn't work for me because it's for MySQL servers on UNIX/Linux servers.

I would like to avoid to use the Management Pack templates to monitor the MySQL server, for which I am looking for an alternative solution. I was thinking that maybe I can run a PowerShell script with the Powershell Management Pack of Squared up, and create a monitor to check the status of the DB's and then another monitor to check MySQL service, what you think? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thursday, August 3, 2017 8:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

>>I was thinking that maybe I can run a PowerShell script with the Powershell Management Pack of Squared up, and create a monitor to check the status of the DB's and then another monitor to check MySQL service, what you think? Any ideas?

If poweshell script can monitor what you want , it should be the short cut .

Then you may create a group which contains servers running MySQL  as a target for script monitor .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Friday, September 8, 2017 1:59 AM
    Tuesday, August 8, 2017 8:52 AM
  • Hello,

Wanted to see if you ever came across a solution for this as we have a need to monitor MySQL on Windows as well and noticed the OpenSource MP only supported Linux.

Thanks!

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 10:35 AM