none
How to remove a site from Trusted Sites in IE

Question

• Hello All,

We have configured few sites in Tursted Sites in IE for all Windows 7 Machines via GPP. The trusted sites contains almost 12 entries,

Now we have requirement to remove one sites from trusted sites called Example *.abc.com.

We have another GPP called Local Intranet Zone in that we have two entries called Example Saml.abc.com and Samltest.abc.com

I have created a GPP for deletion of *.abc.com, but since it contains Local Intranet sites. I think it is not allowing me to delete. 

Can you please guide how to delete *.abc.com

Thanks HA

Friday, November 11, 2016 5:11 AM

All replies

• Have you tried putting it in a different zone through the Site to Zone Assignment List policy?

Find it at Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Internet Control Panel > Security Page > Site to Zone Assignment List

From there you can add the following to assign *.abc.com to the Internet Zone:

Value Name : *.abc.com
    Value: 3

You can read the description of the policy for more info, but put simply, you just enter the domain entry into value name, and then for value, use this mapping:

1 - Intranet Zone

2 - Trusted Sites Zone

3 - Internet Zone

4 - Restricted Sites Zone

Hope this helps!

Rory Fewell

(CCNA, MOS)

Windows Server 2012 and Networking Fundamentals Apprentice

Visit my site!

View me on GitHub!

Friday, November 11, 2016 11:14 AM
  • Problem is that below *.abc.com it contains value which are in Local Intranet zone.

I just want to delete it *.abc.com without affecting the Local Intranet site

So in GPP I have created a Registry Value with "Delete" option, but still unable to delete.

Thanks HA

Friday, November 18, 2016 12:20 PM
  • You mean you have some subdomains that you want in the intranet zone, and some you want in the internet zone?

Rory Fewell

(CCNA, MOS)

Visit my site!

View me on GitHub!

Friday, November 18, 2016 1:31 PM
  • Yes, we have in we want only in Intranet Zone.. not in Internet zone..

The Delete Key is not working  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\abc.com with RegDword value "2"

53 mins

Thanks HA

Friday, November 18, 2016 3:23 PM
  • Perhaps use my Site to Zone Assignment method - however set your subdomain to go into the Internet Zone. I'm not sure on the selectivity of it, so you might need to put this in another GPO that has a link order that takes precedence over the other zone assignments.

For example, your value would be:

Value Name: internetsubdomain.abc.com

Value: 3

And then ensure this takes priority, possibly as I said by putting it in a GPO with better link order on your affected OU.

Hope this helps!

Rory Fewell

(CCNA, MOS)

Visit my site!

View me on GitHub!

Friday, November 18, 2016 3:37 PM