Skype for Business Cloud Connector installation issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I encounter an error when installing the Cloud Connector (Convert-CcIsoToVhdx -IsoFilePath C:\iso\W2012r2English.ISO -PauseBeforeUpdate) Version 2.0.1:

Creating base virtual machine...
    Starting base virtual machine...
    Operating system started in 3375 seconds.
    Got virtual machine IP: 169.254.66.143
    Enabling credential delegation for NTLM on host machine.
    Creating key on host machine: hklm:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CredentialsDelegation\AllowFreshCredentials
    Creating key on host machine: hklm:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CredentialsDelegation\AllowFreshCredentialsWhenN
    TLMOnly
    Create-BaseVM : The configuration of the operating system has taken longer than usual. Check the virtual machine
    network configuration.
    At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\CloudConnector\Initialize-CcHost.ps1:182 char:5
    +     Create-BaseVM -INI $ini -VHDPath $vhdFilePath -UnattendISOPath $u ...
    +     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: ( [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Create-BaseVM

Is this issue known?
    Do you have any ideas what might be wrong?

I highly appreciate your help!

Thank you!
    Friday, August 31, 2018 2:49 PM

All replies

• Looks like some network connectivity issue during deployment, 

Refer to the below article (Deployment of CCE walkthrough) and there has similar question come in the blog,

http://www.ucprimer.com/tech-blog/cloud-connector-edition-cce-141-deployment-walkthru-part-2

Neeranjan Shettar (MyPage)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Sunday, September 2, 2018 2:45 PM
  • Hi,

It seems your host machine is unaccessible to Internet for connecting the Windows updates service during the whole deployment of CCE. 

Based on your error prompts with the “Got virtual machine IP: 169.254.66.143”, it belongs to invalid IP addresses. For double checking, please see below steps.

Invalid IP Addresses: Check if the switches on the CCE AD VM have Automatic Private IP Address (APIPA) of 169.x.

1. Connect to the Host Appliance and open Hyper-V Manager from Control Panel > Administrative Tools
    2. Select the CCE VM (name will start with CCE Build #)
    3. Click on Networking Tab in the bottom pane and view the Networking Connection IP's

If the IP addresses are 169.x addresses, the Convert-CcIsoToVhdx will fail on Windows Updates because base VM couldn't connect to Window Update Service to run updates. When this happens, please re-run the Convert-CcIsoToVhdx with -GeneralizeOnly parameter to sysprep and generalize the Base VM machine, copy the VHDX to "Site DirectoryBits\VHD\SFBServer.vhdx". To resolve this, you should re-run convert cmdlet in Administrative PowerShell on the CCE Appliance as follows:

1. Convert-CcIsoToVhdx -IsoFilePath <Windows ISO File Path, including file name> -PauseBeforeUpdate
    2. When the script prompts that updates are ready to be run, connect to the Base VM using credentials provided in the instructions provided in the PowerShell output
    3. Make any necessary adjustments to allow the computer to connect to Windows Update Service
    4. Complete all Windows Updates and restart the VM
    5. When updates are completed, answer prompt in PowerShell output to continue the process

Kind regards, 

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they are helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, September 3, 2018 8:33 AM
  • Hi Liu,

Thank you for your answer.

I have re-run the Convert-CcIsoToVhdx with -GeneralizeOnly parameter but i have this

PS C:\Users\Administrator> Convert-CcIsoToVhdx -IsoFilePath C:\Users\Administrator\W2012r2English.ISO -GeneralizeOnly
    C:\Users\Administrator\CloudConnector\SiteRoot\Bits\VHD\
    Starting base virtual machine...
    WARNING: The virtual machine is already in the specified state.
    Operating system started in 0 seconds.
    Got virtual machine IP: 169.254.71.93
    Enabling credential delegation for NTLM on host machine.
    Removing legacy task and files.
    Restarting cc09ac0958e67573655a.
    The server 169.254.71.93 has started in 35 seconds.
    cc09ac0958e67573655a has restarted.
    Running Sysprep...
    [169.254.71.93] Connecting to remote server 169.254.71.93 failed with the following error message : The request is not
    supported. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
        + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (169.254.71.93:String) [], PSRemotingTransportException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 50,PSSessionStateBroken

Thanks for your help

Mounim

Monday, September 3, 2018 12:54 PM
  • Can you refer the below forum case where they had similar issue and the issue was fixed,

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/f8f55acb-166d-4597-a03d-cfcbbf040ea9/skype-cce-installation-fail-in-step-10-50pssessionstatebroken?forum=sfbfr

</Snip>

This issue is affected by the following issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093492/credssp-updates-for-cve-2018-0886-march-13-2018

Try to add registry by this command for host machine.

REG ADD HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\CredSSP\Parameters /v AllowEncryptionOracle /t REG_DWORD /d 2

Reboot host server and try Installing once again.

<Snip/>

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Monday, September 3, 2018 1:34 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your help

I have finish my deplyment but on the SfB Online Admin Portal the status of my cce is "none".

Did you you know how i can change this status ?

Thanks in advance

Friday, September 21, 2018 9:45 AM
  • Hi,

did we ever find a solution for the status "none"?

I had the same isue, rebooted all VMs and the host and now the Get-CsHybridPSTNAppliance returns "Error" for the status because it thinks that some VMs are not running. But they are all up and GetCcapplianceStatus indicates that they are all running.

There seems to be a lack of communication, I rebooted many times but it did not change.

Many thanks in advance!

Thursday, October 25, 2018 6:55 PM
  • Did you try to user the command - Register-CsHybridPSTNAppliance in order to provision the CCE appliance ?

Friday, October 26, 2018 4:37 AM
  • Did you try to user the command - Register-CsHybridPSTNAppliance in order to provision the CCE appliance ?

Friday, October 26, 2018 4:38 AM