Microsoft. Net error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am  having some problems with new windows 7 home premium 64 Acer aspire 5738Z, tried installing Lexmark Z2420 wireless and have the following problems now.

1. I am constantly being asked to download Microsoft.NET version 2, when I do it says install unsuccessful, because I already have and it was preloaded.

2. Microsoft wifi mini adaptor devise needs reinstalling.

This is resulting in it telling there is a problem with my PC, and constantly being asked to rectify it, how do I rectify this. Any help is welcome.

Thanks
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 9:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1. Actually,  Windows 7 includes the following versions of the .NET Framework, and you do not have to reinstall the 2.0 version.
    v1.0.3705
    v1.1.4322
    v2.0.50727
    v3.0
    v3.5

first of all, do you get the driver from Lexmark website? Pls use the following one:
    http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=content&productCode=LEXMARK_Z2420&actp=RECOMMEND&id=DR19161&segment=DOWNLOAD&userlocale=EN_US&oslocale=en_US&locale=en

meanwhile, have you installed the wireless adaptor driver for Windows 7 yet?

2. Do you mean the “Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter” need reinstalling? Is there any notice to reinstall it? Pls understand that this is a virtual adapter, and we can safety disable it if you do not want to use it setup the second wireless network.

PS: if there is any error or prompting, it would be better to save the screenshot and upload to skydrive.
    Use SkyDrive to upload collected files and post screen shot/picture
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65/#3ba3b4aa-da82-4520-9b7a-3097c81b0366

Meanwhile, when and how did you get the .Net install promotion? Is there any error or warning message? Anyway, install the most updated and compatible driver should be done first.

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, December 24, 2009 10:18 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2009 9:34 AM
  • Regarding the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter issue, it should be related to your wireless adapter driver. Please refer:

Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adaptor Driver Issue 

You may download the latest drivers for your laptop from here.

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Regarding the .net issue, I suspect that you were trying to installing an incompatible driver package. You may try to download the driver from Lexmark website.

Lexmark - United States

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, December 24, 2009 10:17 AM
    Monday, December 21, 2009 10:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1. Actually,  Windows 7 includes the following versions of the .NET Framework, and you do not have to reinstall the 2.0 version.
    v1.0.3705
    v1.1.4322
    v2.0.50727
    v3.0
    v3.5

first of all, do you get the driver from Lexmark website? Pls use the following one:
    http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=content&productCode=LEXMARK_Z2420&actp=RECOMMEND&id=DR19161&segment=DOWNLOAD&userlocale=EN_US&oslocale=en_US&locale=en

meanwhile, have you installed the wireless adaptor driver for Windows 7 yet?

2. Do you mean the “Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter” need reinstalling? Is there any notice to reinstall it? Pls understand that this is a virtual adapter, and we can safety disable it if you do not want to use it setup the second wireless network.

PS: if there is any error or prompting, it would be better to save the screenshot and upload to skydrive.
    Use SkyDrive to upload collected files and post screen shot/picture
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65/#3ba3b4aa-da82-4520-9b7a-3097c81b0366

Meanwhile, when and how did you get the .Net install promotion? Is there any error or warning message? Anyway, install the most updated and compatible driver should be done first.

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, December 24, 2009 10:18 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2009 9:34 AM
  • Regarding the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter issue, it should be related to your wireless adapter driver. Please refer:

Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adaptor Driver Issue 

You may download the latest drivers for your laptop from here.

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Regarding the .net issue, I suspect that you were trying to installing an incompatible driver package. You may try to download the driver from Lexmark website.

Lexmark - United States

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, December 24, 2009 10:17 AM
    Monday, December 21, 2009 10:18 AM