locked
Data disappears going from Professional to Standard RRS feed

  • Question

  • I'm baffled by this one.  I've got two windows open - one with professional and one with web standard.  In both I've got the product hierarchy on the rows, 13 weeks for the columns, and sales revenue for the measure.  I can drill up and down the hierarchy seeing my values just fine.  When I view that report in the second window (web standard), as I drill to lower levels of the hierarchy the values simply disappear!

    So, if I drill down to a specific point in the hiearchy in standard I don't see any values, butwhen I drill down in professional to the same spot in the hierarchy I do.  Now for the weird part.  In standard if I now drill up one level then drill back down to where I just was, the values are populated!

    Any ideas why these values aren't showing standard when they are in professional?  Obviously users (who are web standard only) want to see the values without me having to drill first to where they're trying to get to.

    Thanks...


    NKB
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 12:40 AM

Answers

  • Joey,

    I did open a support case and it turns out there is some corruption with our database itself, related to some agg.rigid.map files (some are missing and reprocessing doesn't always regenerate them) and the prt.xml files.  For completeness, I am going to redeploy the cube and partitions from scratch and reprocess.


    NKB
    • Marked as answer by NBauer Friday, June 18, 2010 3:35 PM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 3:35 PM

All replies

  • Today, I've opened up Fiddler to dig a little deeper.  I can see the request sent from Web Standard to the PAS server and buried in there is the MDX statement to be executed.

    SELECT { [Previous 13 Weeks] } ON COLUMNS ,
    HIERARCHIZE( { [Product].[Product Hierarchy].[Product L2].&[126875]&[126904].CHILDREN }) ON ROWS
    FROM [Sales]
    WHERE ( [Store].[Store Name].[All Stores], [Measures].[SalesRevenue] )
    CELL PROPERTIES VALUE, FORMATTED_VALUE, CELL_ORDINAL

    If I cut and paste this into an MDX query window, I get back all the results I am expecting:

                        WK End 03/13/2010, WK End 03/20/2010, etc.
    BEDDING         $3,793,079             $3,364,139
    BATH             $4,589,615             $4,164,197
    HOUSEWARES  $3,673,437             $3,439,830

    However, in the JavaScript returned to Web Standard, for every row the column values are simply blank:

    <tr>
    <td nowrap id=gR0C0 class='datacell'><div class='cellspan'>&nbsp;</div></td>
    <td nowrap id=gR0C1 class='datacell'><div class='cellspan'>&nbsp;</div></td>
    <td nowrap id=gR0C2 class='datacell'><div class='cellspan'>&nbsp;</div></td>
    <td nowrap id=gR0C3 class='datacell'><div class='cellspan'>&nbsp;</div></td>
    <td nowrap id=gR0C4 class='datacell'><div class='cellspan'>&nbsp;</div></td>
    <td nowrap id=gR0C5 class='datacell'><div class='cellspan'>&nbsp;</div></td>
    <td nowrap id=gR0C6 class='datacell'><div class='cellspan'>&nbsp;</div></td>
    <td nowrap id=gR0C7 class='datacell'><div class='cellspan'>&nbsp;</div></td>
    <td nowrap id=gR0C8 class='datacell'><div class='cellspan'>&nbsp;</div></td>
    <td nowrap id=gR0C9 class='datacell'><div class='cellspan'>&nbsp;</div></td>
    <td nowrap id=gR0C10 class='datacell'><div class='cellspan'>&nbsp;</div></td>
    <td nowrap id=gR0C11 class='datacell'><div class='cellspan'>&nbsp;</div></td>
    <td nowrap id=gR0C12 class='datacell'><div class='cellspan'>&nbsp;</div></td>
    </tr>

    Any ideas why the values being returned from the MDX query are not getting populated in the JavaScript?

     

     


    NKB
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 6:51 PM
  • NKB,

    What version of Pro and PAS are you using?  This is a bit baffling and might require an official support case. 

    Thanks,

    -Joey

     

    1800Microsoft

    Submit your next issue online!

    Non-Premier Customers:  http://support.microsoft.com/oas/

    Premier Customers:  https://premier.microsoft.com

     

    Friday, June 11, 2010 9:55 PM
  • Joey,

    I did open a support case and it turns out there is some corruption with our database itself, related to some agg.rigid.map files (some are missing and reprocessing doesn't always regenerate them) and the prt.xml files.  For completeness, I am going to redeploy the cube and partitions from scratch and reprocess.


    NKB
    • Marked as answer by NBauer Friday, June 18, 2010 3:35 PM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 3:35 PM