win10 update loses internet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have updated to win 10 prof 64-bit on i5-3570k p8z77-v lx with 8gig ram, ssd (46gig free)

internet and PC worked fine on win 8.1, win 10 update went well but cant connect now to e-mail or internet

I have run mini tool but cant upload result to OneDrive through the old xp laptop I am usung to contact you  (unless I try upgrading ie). Lots of Shell & Software Protection Platform Service Application errors, lots of Service control manager system errors, MS Office session errors, code integrity errors

I have tried installing Win10 Auto Installation Program (SID:1743532) from Realtek for Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Also tried the advice in Windows 10 Ethernet Problems and in Updating a driver

help please

Sunday, August 23, 2015 4:43 PM

Answers

• Rossco45,

Please check if there is any proxy settings on your computer, if so, please uncheck to check the issue.

Also, please run following commands to reset winsock to check the results:

netsh winsock reset

netsh winsock reset catalog

Make sure to run as administrator.

In addition, if the issue just happened recently, try to roll back the Network adapter driver and make sure to install all updates to check the issue.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 6:32 AM

All replies

• Rossco45,

Please check if there is any proxy settings on your computer, if so, please uncheck to check the issue.

Also, please run following commands to reset winsock to check the results:

netsh winsock reset

netsh winsock reset catalog

Make sure to run as administrator.

In addition, if the issue just happened recently, try to roll back the Network adapter driver and make sure to install all updates to check the issue.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 6:32 AM
  • This is only a workaround...and only temporary at that...delete WIFI network adapter, and Scan for device....the problem will return again...the next day when windows 10 decides it wants turn off your wifi....Windows 10 is so good at threat protection...it sees your own hardware as a threat. Way to GO Microsoft. WIN 10 = FAIL!
    Sunday, October 11, 2015 5:09 AM