none
(Outlook) Blocking a specific name from my inbox except for one single email associated with it. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, Is it possible to create some sort of rules in outlook that would prevent fraudulent emails from getting into my inbox ? I have a specific name that I need to block except for one single email associated with that name. 

In order to understand my problem better I'll give you an example. 

In my company my employees are getting fake emails from random emails that are associated with my name. I need to create some sort of filter that will only accept emails from one single email that is associated with my name. 

Thanks alot!!

• Edited by Cris_s Monday, January 13, 2020 6:34 PM
    Monday, January 13, 2020 5:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Cris,

For example, there are:

YourName@1.com
    YourName@2.com
    YourName@3.com
    YourName@4.com

Then you'd like to block all email addresses with "YouName" except "YourName@1.com", right?

If so, you can set a rule via the steps below:

1. In Outlook, click File > Rules and Alerts > New Rule...
    2. Select "Apply this rule on messages I receive" > "with specific words in the sender's address".
    3. Select "move it to the specified folder" and choose "Junk Emails" folder. Or you can directly delete it.
    4. Choose "except if from people or public group" and type "YourName @1.com".
    5. Then you can choose "Run this rule now on messages already in "Inbox"" > Finish.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 3:49 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 8:56 AM