Jump List is "Locked" RRS feed

• Question

• I have a program I wrote, which is a media player. I recently ensured Jump List support, only to find it permanently broke the list somehow. The arrow in the Start Menu is always there, but no Jump List will open. I've cleared the recent list many times, as well as disabling/limiting the Jump List in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, but nothing changes. The Jump List won't go away, won't add anything, and won't show. If I knew where the actual list was stored (I know it's not "C:\Users\[NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent" because I can delete everything in that folder and other applications will still have items in their Jump List), I might be able to figure out what was causing it, but my searches in the File System and Registry have returned nil. Where is the list stored, how can I erase it, and what might cause this problem in the first place?
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 5:51 AM

Answers

• I'd consider this a usage question on taking advantage of the new feature more than a development question (Mainly because I'm not entirely sure my application caused the issue), but I posted there as well anyway...

Edit: They're stored in C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 9:14 PM

All replies

• Forum Support for Developers
    These forums are focused on answering usage-related questions about Windows 7 Beta, including how to install and deploy the OS, how to take advantage of new features, and other general support questions.  For help with questions related to the development of applications on the Windows 7 platform, please visit the MSDN forums.

Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:13 PM
  • I'd consider this a usage question on taking advantage of the new feature more than a development question (Mainly because I'm not entirely sure my application caused the issue), but I posted there as well anyway...

Edit: They're stored in C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 9:14 PM