Finding my computer's incoming and outgoing port numbers RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to link my other email accounts into my Outlook email account, however, it requires my computer's incoming and outgoing port numbers. Where do I find these? 

Thank you.

Deanna

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:36 PM

All replies

• Run the following command in command prompt which list out all active connections with ports used by the application

netstat -a

Cheers,
    My Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:06 AM
  • Hi Deanna,

Since this issue is related to Outlook, I'm moving it to the Outlook forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=outlook

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 2:25 AM
  • Hi Deanna,

Before we go on, could you please clarify if you are trying to add other email accounts to outlook.com account or you are configuring account to Outlook client? 

If you mean the former, please refer to the instruction in the following article:

Add your other email accounts to Outlook.com

Then here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client, if you need further assistance regarding Outlook.com, it is suggested to post a new thread to the dedicated forum for Outlook.com for better response:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

If you are using Outlook client, generally, to add new account, we refer to the below article:

Add an email account to Outlook

If you are configuring an POP or IMAP account and need to need to look up your settings, see the POP and IMAP account settings topic. Enter your incoming and outgoing server settings and then select Next.

Hope the above information can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, October 18, 2018 8:06 AM