Windows 10 2004 feature update error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm trying to do a feature update of Windows 10 from 1909 to 2004.  However, during the install, I get what appears to be a blocking app.  the *_HumanReadable.xml file tells me the name of the app is "OneDrive and Legacy filters" with a AppGuid of {afb67a42-a10a-48a0-9677-77b4d80efecc}, neither of which I can find in Add/Remove Programs, Win32_Product, or HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.

Has anyone seen this?  Any idea what this is, or how I can get around it?

FWIW, this update is being pushed to some initial IT test systems (such as my own and my 2-up, both of which are having this issue) via SCCM.  4 other systems have had it pushed and successfully installed, but these two both have the same blocking app.  SCCM tells me the error code was 0xC1900208, which led me down the path of looking into the XML file above.

Cheers,

John Moe

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 11:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Code 0xC1900208 means Setup found an actionable compatibility issue, such as an incompatible app.

According to your description, the issue may related with OneDrive and Legacy filters.

You may refer to the following link for the registry setting for blocking and unblocking legacy file system filter drivers.

Blocking legacy file system filter drivers

Also, check the information below apply to your device or not.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4570135/issues-using-onedrive-files-on-demand-on-some-devices-after-updating-t

Hope above information can help you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 2:46 AM
  • Farena, We have the same exact problem as John Moe reported above.  I have reviewed both articles that you linked to in your response, and have implemented both fixes suggested there: 

1. Use the IoBlockLegacyFsFilters registry key to specify if the system blocks legacy file system filter drivers

2. Type or copy and paste the following command into the Command Prompt dialog: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cldflt\instances /f /v DefaultInstance /t REG_SZ /d "CldFlt"

Neither of these steps have resolved the issue for us. We are using WSUS for in place 2004 upgrades, and only have experienced this issue on some of our machines.  Some machines of the same model (same hardware, drivers, etc) have this issue, while others upgrade to 2004 properly.  

Do you have a suggestion as a best next step to resolve this issue?

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 4:29 PM
  • Hi John, did you have any luck with hunting down the specific issue behind the "OneDrive and Legacy filters"? I've gotten to the same point on two different computers. The first I resolved by basically throwing troubleshooting at the wall until something stuck - I ran the dism restorehealth & sfc scannow, updated graphics drivers, pulled a legacy print driver, and signed in with a different local admin account. Now on the second one I'm working backwards - signing in on a different account didn't do it, so I ran dism/sfc & will try again in a few hours when the PC frees up.

Good luck!

Dave

Thursday, July 9, 2020 3:14 PM
  • Hi,

Since the error is related to compatibility, what we can do is update to the latest version of the application, and software, or uninstall the application or trick Windows that it’s compatible.

In addition, here are some posts with the similar issue with yours, just for your reference, you can try the method mentioned in them:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/error-code-0xc1900208-0x4000c-windows/

https://www.systemcenterdudes.com/sccm-windows-10-feature-update-error-0xc1900208/

Please note: Information posted in the given link is hosted by a third party. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy and effectiveness of information.

Hope above information can help you.

"Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!

Friday, July 10, 2020 3:14 AM

• I solved it here simply by uninstalling OneDrive, if it doesn't appear for you, try installing OneDrive (normal and business version) and after uninstalling them
    Friday, July 10, 2020 5:36 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Monday, July 13, 2020 2:58 AM
  • Hi,

Since you have not responded for a long time, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

If the reply is useful for you, please take it as answer.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Farena

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 9:13 AM