Restrict the inclusion of SCCM property fields to only those I wish to track in Service Manager when importing via an SCCM connector? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to restrict the inclusion of SCCM property fields to only those I wish to track in Service Manager when importing via an SCCM connector?

I am running System Centre Configuration Manager and Service Manager 2012 SP2. I am setting up an SCCM collection for importing a collection of computers and associated properties into Service Manager as CIs using an SCCM connector. How can I restrict the inclusion of property fields to only those I wish to track in Service Manager? My query (in my SCCM collection) reads as follows:

select distinct SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_R_System.IPAddresses, SMS_R_System.IPSubnets, SMS_R_System.OperatingSystemNameandVersion, SMS_R_System.LastLogonUserName, SMS_R_System.ClientType, SMS_G_System_SYSTEM_ENCLOSURE.Manufacturer, SMS_G_System_SYSTEM_ENCLOSURE.SerialNumber, SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.Model from  SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_SYSTEM_ENCLOSURE on SMS_G_System_SYSTEM_ENCLOSURE.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId inner join SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM on SMS_G_System_COMPUTER_SYSTEM.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId

When I run the synchronization, I get lots of other fields/properties included such as CPU, Active Directory Site, Build Number, etc., which I didn’t want.

As an aside, the operating system name and version field did not get populated after this synchronization. Any ideas why not, are welcome.

Monday, June 8, 2015 7:39 PM

Answers

• So what you can do is configure your own SCCM connector in Service Manager. Your query is a good starting point. The following TechNet article describes how you can create your own SCCM connector configuration management pack.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh495523.aspx

It may look a little overwhelming, but to lighten the learning curve you can start with the out-of-the-box configuration MP, modify it to your needs, re-import it then create a new SCCM connector.

Monday, June 8, 2015 8:07 PM