Problem installing Epson Stylus Photo 2200 RRS feed

• Question

• I can install the printer using what I thinkis a windows 2000 driver.  THere is no Vista driver available.  However I still can not view my ink levels.  Are there any plans for TRUE Vista drivers for this printer?  I use this for my business as a photographer and its costing me money!! Help please........
    Thursday, February 8, 2007 6:03 AM

All replies

• RDFalcon777,

Unfortunatly with these types of devices it is mostly up to Epson to devolpe the new software for these types of devices.. MS normally has a default driver that will work but some of the extras such as ink levels is part of the software from the vendor. You may want to contact Epson.

Chris

Thursday, February 8, 2007 4:06 PM
  • Did you find a fix on this one?  I am about to go to Vista and have a 2200.  You say it works with the 2000/XP driver (without the ink monitor) does it print as normal using this driver?

I understand Epson are going to release some Vista drivers but they do not seem to forthcoming with the information (I have emailed them twice).  Some people are saying it could be March otthers July!

Providing it prints with the 2000 drivers, i can probably live without the ink monitor for a while (it has a tendency to tell you to replace a cartridge when there is ink left in it anyway!!)

Thursday, February 15, 2007 11:52 AM
  • See if windows Epson Stylus scan 2000 driver works. I couldnt believe I got my printer working. Its 7 years old.
    Thursday, February 15, 2007 12:55 PM