none
Changing regional time zone for Project Online task updates/etc to local time zone RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently integrating Project Online into our organisation. It seems that some actions are not honouring the selected time zone in Site Settings > Regional Settings. 

We are in UTC+10 and all sites are set as such, however certain parts of Project Online seem to display incorrect time zone.

For example, the last modified and check-in times on the PDP are incorrect time zone. Also the team members' Timesheet view comes up with week period before making them accidentally enter time for the wrong week, then when task progress is submitted the time the update was submitted is also in incorrect time zone. 

Anyone seen before and can advise where the setting is to change the time zone for these operations as well? I seem to be unable to find it.

Regards

Monday, January 18, 2016 1:56 AM

Answers

• Hello,

This is a known issue / limitation. I'm sure this will get update at some point in the future. You could raise a ticket via your Office 365 portal so that it is tracked / logged - they might then be able to give you more details / time scales if / when that will be changed.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

• Marked as answer by Nosbo Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:39 PM
    Monday, January 18, 2016 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This is a known issue / limitation. I'm sure this will get update at some point in the future. You could raise a ticket via your Office 365 portal so that it is tracked / logged - they might then be able to give you more details / time scales if / when that will be changed.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

• Marked as answer by Nosbo Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:39 PM
    Monday, January 18, 2016 8:02 AM
  • Thanks for the advice, raised an SR with the support team who have acknowledged the issue. There is currently no date for the fix. Best option is to educate the team that the times will always be UTC-8 and to do conversion on the fly.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:41 PM