none
Running the application with 'Application Pool Identity ' fails. but running as the test user works RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on testing our applications on windows 10 and visual studio 2017, for upgrading the systems. DM Client API is not working, when I run the IIS application pool  as 'Application pool identity', but it runs good in windows 7.

Is that specific to windows 10/vs 2017 issue. We didnt do any access setup in windows 7 for that. It works perfect.

Error details

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {656C9002-E1C1-11D0-B342-0020AF305489} failed due to the following error: 80070005 Access is denied

The following is the DLL name, it pointed to which is DM API

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Open Text\DM API\PCDClient.dll

Workaround : I ran the application pool under my credentials, it worked. 

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 10:50 PM

Answers

• RKDivya --

You have erroneously posted your software development question in a user forum dedicated to Microsoft Project Server, an enterprise project management application.  I would recommend you repost your question in a more relevant user forum.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 1:42 PM

All replies

• RKDivya --

You have erroneously posted your software development question in a user forum dedicated to Microsoft Project Server, an enterprise project management application.  I would recommend you repost your question in a more relevant user forum.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 1:42 PM
  • Thanks. I posted in the right forum
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:58 PM