none
Downloading Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to download several different things,Avast,Chrome extensions,Some troubleshooting tools from Dell's website,Etc from Chrome & IE (Only browsers I have since I can't download) & right before install starts I get -Failed-Virus scan failed-Item has been deleted. Help Please & Thanks in advance. :)
    Saturday, June 13, 2015 4:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

All browsers use a basic, built-in anti-virus scanner to scan finished downloaded files. It seems that settings for that anti-virus scanner had been modified, thus, the files are automatically rejected or deleted when you attempt to download them.
    this issue might occurs due to your Antivirus software settings
    Exit both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome
    start the Registry Editor. Expand registry keys (folders) there to navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Policies > Attachments
    When you click the Attachments registry key, check the right side of the window. There you should see a registry item  ScanWithAntiVirus. It is probably set to 3. You will need to change it to 1, so double-click it and enter 1 in the Value data box
    Exit Registry Editor and restart your computer

Note:this registry modification might change security level for download file from Internet Explorer

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 4:44 AM