none
Upgrade-spprojectwebinstance failes RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello, I get a error message when migrating from 2010 to 2013. It runs nicely trough all the powershell scripts but the upgrade-spwebinstance. it gives the following error:

    Upgrade-SPProjectWebInstance : Post provision setup failed. PostProvisioningSetup completed with errors: <errinfo><arra
    y name="ResUid" type="System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.IExternalUs
    er,System.Guid]"><item value="System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.IEx
    ternalUser,System.Guid]"><error id="2078" name="ResourceCannotSetAssignmentOwnerOnSpecifiedResource" uid="48d51d3b-53be
    -e311-9412-005056834400" /></item></array></errinfo>;
    At line:1 char:1
    + Upgrade-SPProjectWebInstance -Identity HTTPS://Webapllication/PWA
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Offic...radePwaInstance:PSCmdletUpgradePwaInstance) [Upgrade-SPP
       rojectWebInstance], ProvisionException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Cmdlet.PSCmdletUpgradePwaInstance

    The event viewer shows the errorcode 2078. Resourcecannotassignowneronspecifiedresource Full information:

    Provisioning 'webapplication:PWA': Post provision setup failed. An exception occurred: PostProvisioningSetup completed with errors: <errinfo><array name="ResUid" type="System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.IExternalUser,System.Guid]"><item value="System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.IExternalUser,System.Guid]"><error id="2078" name="ResourceCannotSetAssignmentOwnerOnSpecifiedResource" uid="48d51d3b-53be-e311-9412-005056834400" /></item></array></errinfo>;.

    In central admin it shows:
    Provisioning Failed - see the Application event Log

    It looks like an error within the database, how can I solve it?

    Monday, April 7, 2014 1:27 PM

Answers

  • Van Hurck,

    Based on what you are telling me that earlier version of the same databases worked well, i would try a backup/restore and start the upgrade process from scratch.

    Let me know the results!

    Cheers

    • Marked as answer by Erik van Hurck Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:20 AM
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 7:35 PM

All replies

  • USE ProjectServer_Published
    
    SELECT
    
    RES_NAME
    
    FROM
    
    MSP_RESOURCES
    
    WHERE 
    
    RES_UID='48d51d3b-53be-e311-9412-005056834400'

    Van Hurck,

    Be sure you are the secondary Site Collection Owner. If you already are, then run the following query to look for

    a "ghost resource" (Im not so sure about that, but it could be a clue):

    If that query returns a result, check out if the resource is checked out.

    Cheers

    Monday, April 7, 2014 2:32 PM
  •  

    Hi Maicco,

    Thank you for the reply, the querie returned no values sad to say.

    To be presice I used this querie:

    USE ProjectServer_Published

    SELECT RES_NAME

    FROM pub.MSP_RESOURCES

    WHERE  RES_UID='48d51d3b-53be-e311-9412-005056834400'

    I added the pub prefix because in an earlier powershell cmdlet I have converted the databases to 1 consolidated project services database.


    Monday, April 7, 2014 4:11 PM
  • Try this arcticle: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ff603504(v=office.15).aspx

    At the following session: "Check your Project Server 2010 data for issues that can cause the upgrade to fail"

    Cheers

    Monday, April 7, 2014 9:28 PM
  • Hi Maicco,

    The Querrie RES_PREVENT_ADSYNC = 1 did return one user. However a earlier version of the database that did create a succesfull testmigration returned the same user, This leads to conclusion that it cannot be the cause of the error.

    The other querries didn't return any results. And I did run them on the Published DB before starting the migration.

    Thank you again for looking into this, I hope you have another clue or suggestion for me.

    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 8:14 AM
  • Van Hurck,

    Based on what you are telling me that earlier version of the same databases worked well, i would try a backup/restore and start the upgrade process from scratch.

    Let me know the results!

    Cheers

    • Marked as answer by Erik van Hurck Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:20 AM
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 7:35 PM
  • Hi Maicco Ferreira,

    Opting for new databases wasn't a option for now. I have opened a call with Micrososft support and they are working on resolving the issue. Currently they have located not 1 GUID like I posted earlier but a changing GUID every time I try the Powershell script.

    I will keep you posted, and le't's hope Microsoft offers a nice explenation and sollution :)

    Erik

    Thursday, April 10, 2014 9:10 AM
  • The solution in the end was restoring the 4 databases. and creating a completely new content DB. Maicco, thanks for supporting I'll mark your last reply as the answer.
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:20 AM