locked
Exchange 2k7 Message Tracking - time issue RRS feed

  • Question

  • When using the Troubleshooting Assistant Message Tracking I end up with 'No Results' if I do the following:

    search on EventID Submit (results as expected)

    Select Message I want to track on hub transport | click next | click next (No Results)

    Select Go Back | deselect Start and End options | click next (results as expected)

    Select Go Back | tick Start and End options | reduce start time by 2 hours | click next (results as expected)

    The only changes I have made to the system is to: increase how long to keep the logs, change the path of the logs and increase the folder size. Logs are being generated in the correct folders.

    Any help greatly appreciated.

    Pete.

    Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:02 PM

Answers

  • Hi Anil.

    In looking to do more tests before responding to you I have found the problem. When I changed the path I copied the old logs in to the new location hoping to be able to search through these as well, after copying I stopped and started the Transport Log Search service. The additional files seems to be what caused the issue. I have since deleted the files I copied in to the new location (left the one that was automatically created) and stopped and started the service... problem solved.

    Thanks for responding.

    Pete.

    • Marked as answer by PeteL1 Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:46 PM
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:46 PM

All replies

  • Hi Was you able to track message before changes ?. I am just considering this you are not putting correct value.

     


    Anil MCC 2011,ITIL V3,MCSA 2003,MCTS 2010, My Blog : http://messagingschool.wordpress.com
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:58 PM
  • Hi Anil.

    In looking to do more tests before responding to you I have found the problem. When I changed the path I copied the old logs in to the new location hoping to be able to search through these as well, after copying I stopped and started the Transport Log Search service. The additional files seems to be what caused the issue. I have since deleted the files I copied in to the new location (left the one that was automatically created) and stopped and started the service... problem solved.

    Thanks for responding.

    Pete.

    • Marked as answer by PeteL1 Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:46 PM
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:46 PM