none
Issue with Outlook Add-ins to Outlook 365 account with MS Exchange Server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having issues trying to download Outlook Add-ins to my Outlook 365 account.  My IT department is running MS Exchange Server 2016.  When I follow the steps to get Add-ins, the system states, "Something went wrong.  The app couldn't be downloaded"  I also can't save the information in the Web version of Outlook for >General>My account. 

I believe that there is some setting that my IT department doesn't know about for my Outlook account on the 2016 Server to allow access to make these changes and/or allow Add-in downloads.

I created a personal account for Outlook and have that in this version of Outlook and the Add-in features work fine.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Friday, March 13, 2020 5:59 PM

All replies

• Please check with Your IT team, do you have the Permission for install the outlook add-in

Check this keyword in Microsoft website "Specify the administrators and users who can install and manage add-ins for Outlook"

Friday, March 13, 2020 6:29 PM
  • Hi Lonnie Barish,

Is your environment on-premise or hybrid?  What are the steps you take to get add-ins?

Please check these two things:

1. If the permission of the role assignment policy has ticked "My Marketplace Apps,My Custom Apps,MyReadWriteMailbox Apps"

2. If you are included in the Specific users of the add-in:

For some other possible causes, you can refer to this article and check:https://cloudrun.co.uk/office-365-proplus/preventing-users-from-installing-office-add-ins/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 16, 2020 7:47 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 19, 2020 8:18 AM
  • Hi All,

Thank you so much for your help.  I am waiting to hear back from my IT department regarding your suggestions.

Lonnie

Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:14 PM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:02 AM

Regards,

Eric Yin

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 8:37 AM
  • Does this apply for On-prem Exchange 2016 environment? Unable to Get any app from the Office Store.
    Thursday, May 14, 2020 8:25 PM
  • This! I do have an open case with MS, but they can't seem to figure out what's going on in my case. I'm running Exchange 2016 with CU17 in place. We were at CU12 and worked 16 hours going from CU12 to CU14 to CU17 and Windows updates on four Exchange 2016 servers. Everything that has been mentioned (TLS regkey entries, O365 settings) are already set. It worked before but nothing has been done to the Exchange environment between the time it worked and the time it didn't other than Windows updates.  We were are CU12 since spring of last year and just this past week I updated the Exchange 2016 environment to CU17 with .NET 4.8. 

Doing this did not help me. 

Let me also add that i'm running Windows Server 2016 on my Exchange servers (running windows updates on server 2016 is a nightmare). 

Saturday, August 1, 2020 8:01 PM