none
Edit Boot.WIM from another WDS to pint to a new MDT server RRS feed

• Question

• I have a boot.win that was from an WDS server that points to a MDT server no longer used.  I have been told the data should have been migrated from the Deploymentshare to the new MDT server.  I need to update the boot.wim however I unsure how to do so. I have done the Update the Deployment share option however that just updates the current Light Touch wim.

How do I update this wim to point to the new MDT server?

Thanks.

Monday, October 2, 2017 5:24 PM

All replies

• Basically you need to edit Boostrap.ini to point to the new deployment share, update the deployment share and then import the newly created WIM file into WDS.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Monday, October 2, 2017 5:39 PM
  • BootStrap.ini already points to the correct DeploymentShare

New MDT:  DeployRoot=\\SJWDS\DeploymentShare$

Old MDT DeployRoot=\\SJMDT\DeploymentShare$

That does not change an existing Boot.WIM that I need to point to the New MDT share.  It still boots to the old one.

The Default Windows 10 Lite Touch PE (x86) .wim boots fine to the new share. But my M3800.wim will not.

Monday, October 2, 2017 5:46 PM
  • Is there a specific reason you need two boot images pointing to the same deployment share?

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Monday, October 2, 2017 8:53 PM