Same problem plus more RRS feed

• Question

• I have the same problem including no task manager option when hitting ctrl-alt-del and also cannot use safe mode as I get same blank black screen with cursor only but now with 'windows safe mode' teasingly in all four corners. Does anyone think this could be a virus and if it is how do you kill it without a GUI user interface. Does anyone know of a command prompt based virus cleaner.

Saturday, January 19, 2008 11:39 PM

All replies

• I am having the same problem using 32-bit Vista Home Premium.  I've heard this might be a virus related problem that attacks windows explorer and logon.  I could not view windows explorer as it kept crashing 10 seconds after loading, so I (Googled) the problem and decided to run a couple of anti-virus apps, coming up with 1500+ virus, spyware, adware & Malware issues.  After scan completed, i cleaned the issues and rebooted.  I thought I was now in the clear... WRONG!  Everything loaded fine up to my user login screen.  After that is where everything went down the tubes, screen was black with moveable cursor, just like your problem.  I have tried all the restart options and nothing short of complete factory reinstall worked.  Is there any way to fix this without factory reinstall, as I have important docs that I cannot lose.

Any help or information would be grealty appreciated..

Thanks in advance

Thursday, June 19, 2008 11:00 PM