none
KCC does not create create connections between remote sites

Question

• I have a domain with 3 sites in a fully routed mesh mpls network. The automatically created intersite connections had been replaced with manual intersite replication connections as follows:

DC-A (Site NYHQ) <== DC-B (Site LA)

DC-A (Site NYHQ) <== DC-C (Site SEA)

DC-B (Site LA) <== DC-A (Site NYHQ)

DC-B (Site LA) <== DC-C (Site SEA)

DC-C (Site SEA) <== DC-A (Site NYHQ)

DC-C (Site SEA) <== DC-B (Site LA)

DC-A also has intrasite connections to a second DC and a RODC in the same site which I left out because they still have the automatically created replication connections which are correct.

I deleted the manually created connections and waited for the KCC to recreate them (best practices), but the DC's in LA and SEA only created connections to the NYHQ DC-A and not to each other. I already have the IP site links configured as follows with all the relevant subnets associated to their proper sites and "Bridge all site links" enabled:

SEA-LA

NYHQ-LA

NYHQ-SEA

As far as I am aware when you have at least 3 servers and no more than 7 each server should have 2 connections which is not happening for the DC's in my remote sites. Replication is working normally. Can anyone shed some light on what I could possibly be doing wrong or if there is something I am missing out on?

Thanks in advance,

Jose

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:57 PM

Answers

• Hi Jose,
    First of all, please check if you have followed the steps in the article as below to delete a manual connection object: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc816852(v=ws.10).aspx
    After deleting, KCC will automatically create the connection objects. By default, KCC runs every 15 minutes. So please wait for some time to see again.
    And please check that sites, subnets, site links and cost are correctly configured. The KCC uses these and other information to generate the connection objects automatically. Also, please have a try running repadmin /kcc command which could force the Knowledge Consistency Checker (KCC) to immediately recalculate the inbound replication topology.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 9:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Jose,
    First of all, please check if you have followed the steps in the article as below to delete a manual connection object: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc816852(v=ws.10).aspx
    After deleting, KCC will automatically create the connection objects. By default, KCC runs every 15 minutes. So please wait for some time to see again.
    And please check that sites, subnets, site links and cost are correctly configured. The KCC uses these and other information to generate the connection objects automatically. Also, please have a try running repadmin /kcc command which could force the Knowledge Consistency Checker (KCC) to immediately recalculate the inbound replication topology.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 9:02 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Monday, February 20, 2017 9:51 AM