locked
Lenovo Hardware Management Pack v6.x not discovering BladeCenter modules RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I saw many people had this issue with previous versions of the MP when it used to be the IBM one.

    I installed the Lenovo Hardware MP v6.0 which just look like the IBM v5.x rebranded to Lenovo except that the IBM one used to work...

    Once imported, the MP correctly discovered my 4 BladeCenters which were previously added as network devices using SNMPv1. But the problem is, the MP did not discover the modules and the blades:

    Those objects are normally discovered by a single discovery called Discovers Lenovo BladeCenter Modules.

    The problem I have is that the modules discovery seems to work fine and returns a discoverydata, I tested the vbs manually and also activated debug trace by adding the registry key HKLM\Lenovo\Lenovo SCOM MP\Debug\Level and setting it to 6 in order to have full traces. When the script runs (launched by SCOM or manually) I can see events 201 in my OperationsManager eventlog that shows that it's creating chassis and modules instances in the discoverydata.

    Also I didn't notice at first but after this discovery runs, I have the famous pair of events 10801/33333 which mention this:

    The specified relationship doesn't have a valid source.

    The relationship mentioned in the event is not always the same but seems to have the class IBM.BladeCenter as source:

    Forgot also to mention that I have 2 Management Servers, I installed the Lenovo hardware MP on both and of course imported the MP files once. The SCOM environnement is 2012 R2 with UR8. I have only one NIC by Management Server (read on release notes that having 2 NICs may cause issue).

    Last thing but not least: Although everything was installed from the same v6.0 installer package, I have these warnings on both my Management Servers:

    I digged again in the vbscripts and found that it was comparing the MP version that is stored in registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Lenovo\Systems Management Integrations\Lenovo HW Mgmt Pack for OpsMgr\Version (which value is "6.0") with the one that should be returned by the following vbs lines:

    Set SCOMServer = WScript.CreateObject("IBM.SystemsManagement.SCOMHelper.SCOMServer")
    Dim MPVer : MPVer = SCOMServer.GetCurrentMPVersion()

     I tested manually and it seems that SCOMServer.GetCurrentMPVersion() returns nothing :

    I didn't go further for the moment so any help is appreciated here :(


    <a href="http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/fdufour/default.aspx">Supervize Me ©</a>


    • Edited by François Dufour Tuesday, January 12, 2016 12:19 PM doesn't work on 6.0 and 6.1
    Wednesday, December 23, 2015 3:18 PM

All replies

  • Just a little update, the module discovery just ran by itself as scheduled and this time I didn't receive events 10801/33333 this time. However still no module/blade objects instanciated...

    I'm really wondering if the com object IBM.SystemsManagement.SCOMHelper.SCOMServer is working correctly.

    The GetCurrentMPVersion doesn't seem to work.

    The AddSCOMEventLog does work as it's used in the discovery triggering process. (it generates an event 8194 with the bladecenter IP as description and this is used as trigger to start the module discovery script).

    However, as I said above, the module discovery is still doing nothing :(


    <a href="http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/fdufour/default.aspx">Supervize Me ©</a>

    Wednesday, December 23, 2015 4:26 PM
  • Hi Sir,

    Did you try this V6.1 MP :

    https://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/docdisplay?lndocid=LNVO-HWMP

    Best Regads,

    Elton


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

    Monday, December 28, 2015 7:01 AM
  • Thanks Elton,

    I guess I will give it a try.


    <a href="http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/fdufour/default.aspx">Supervize Me ©</a>

    Thursday, January 7, 2016 2:24 PM
  • Hi,

    I imported the 6.1 MP.

    I still have the same issue with discovery. The MP version problems I had seem corrected:


    <a href="http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/fdufour/default.aspx">Supervize Me ©</a>

    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 11:23 AM
  • One last update about discovery not working. I still have nothing discovered but I noticed that I don't always have the 10801/33333 pair after the discovery runs:

    So at this point I have absolutely no clue why it's not working.

    Edit: Forgot to mention that event 1001 is generated when the discovery scripts ends


    <a href="http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/fdufour/default.aspx">Supervize Me ©</a>


    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 1:08 PM