none
Group Policy for Lockscreen

Question

• Hi All,

My conundrum is as such:

We have set-up a Group Policy on the server for a default Lockscreen (Company Image) to be sent to all users on the network on their PC's. It's a new server running 2012 R2. It's fully up to date.

However the default lock screen is now causing everyone's Lockscreen screen to show a blank blue page. The image is located on a shared drive all PC's have access to. We have tried numerous solutions online but none seem to have worked.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated so we can put this niggle to bed!

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 1:27 PM

Answers

• In reply i have sorted out the issue of the lock-screen not working. Basically the ratio was incorrect on the image. The ratio needs to be 16:9. The image the company were trying to use was not far off a Square/A4 portrait.

Using the dimensions for the image:

2560x1440 solved all of our worldly problems.

Best of luck to who ever has the same trouble!

• Marked as answer by Purelaise Wednesday, January 07, 2015 1:29 PM
    Wednesday, January 07, 2015 1:28 PM

All replies

• In reply i have sorted out the issue of the lock-screen not working. Basically the ratio was incorrect on the image. The ratio needs to be 16:9. The image the company were trying to use was not far off a Square/A4 portrait.

• Marked as answer by Purelaise Wednesday, January 07, 2015 1:29 PM
    Wednesday, January 07, 2015 1:28 PM
  • Hi,

Before going further, what are the operating systems of our clients? The group policy setting Force a specific default lock screen image should be supported on Windows 8 or above. Besides, for Windows 8, to apply this policy setting, please make sure that the following update has been installed.

Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 update rollup: November 2012

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2770917/EN-US

Regarding managing the lock screen image on Windows 8, the following article can be referred to for more information.

Win8: How to Manage the Lock Screen Image on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2787100/en-us

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 1:30 PM

Glad to hear this. Besides, thanks for sharing the cause and the solution with us.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 1:34 PM