none
Master Project and Sub Project Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I have created a few master projects in project server 2010 and published them.Also, I have created a few custom views (Project level) which show the upcoming project tasks as per the date set in the filter.

However when I apply those filters at the master project level, nothing is seen in the project schedule except for the column headings.The views work fine at individual project level though.

Is this a configuration issue or can a hotfix resolve this issue?

Any sort of help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chinmay Rajput.
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:46 AM

All replies

• Chinmay,

The sub projects will need to be in an expanded state for the filter to apply to them.

Under the outline button on the ribbon, select "Expand SubProjects", and then apply the filter.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:11 PM
  • Thanks Prasanna, but I have already expanded the sub projects and then applied the view which contains the filter.It does not work.

The filter is however working at the project schedule level "Custom Filter", but the problem is when I create a new view and apply a filter in that view, it does not give the desired result.

Regards,

Chinmay Rajput.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:03 AM
  • Chinmay:

Maybe you should start with telling us what kind of view you are creating. A PWA view? A Project View? If the latter, what type? What is the filter?

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:53 PM
  • Hi Gary,

I am creating a project level view, task type and the filter is as follows

Regards,

Chinmay Rajput

Monday, April 29, 2013 5:22 AM