none
TCP connection reset when printer does not respond to Ack Fin packet

Question

• We have an automated printer that prints a new label about every 2 to 3 minutes when the next carton comes down the line.  Since the printer prints infrequently the input buffer fills up.  Normally this is not an issue as the printer sends a zero window and they exchange Keep Alive packets until the printer can accept more data.

Our Windows 2008 SP2 print server sends a Reset packet to a Zebra printer if the server has sent the last packet of data in a file to the printer but the printer buffer is full and the printer cannot respond. When the server resets the connection, the printer drops the final packet and the labels do not print.  Hotfix 2996207 exists for Win 2008 R2 SP1 and newer but I cannot find a hotfix for Win 2008 SP2.

I have set the TCPFinWait2Delay registry entry to the maximum 300 seconds but this is an automated printer that only prints a case label when the next case of finished product is complete and the case arrives at the printer. The delay can exceed the 300 seconds and the Reset is sent which causes the printer to discard the last packet of information sent to it.

Is there a hotfix for Windows 2008 SP2 like 2996207?

Thursday, June 14, 2018 6:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I didn't found any related hotfix for WS2008 sp2 in Microsoft official documents. Also, I will continue to research and text in the future.
    If we have any updates about this issue, we will keep you posted as soon as possible. Your kind understanding is appreciated.  

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, June 15, 2018 5:45 AM
  • Thanks.
    Monday, June 18, 2018 2:37 PM