none
End up in junk mail when sending

Question

• Hi, 

I have a problem with my Exchange 2013 server.

When I try to send out to external mail accounts I can sometime end up in junk mail.
    I try to find out if it is just some certain mail that we can't send to.

I do know that we have problems with Gmail.

Could it be that our name which includes "monkey" can be mistaken for money by autofilters?.

Thanks for answers.
    Thursday, October 15, 2015 7:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

if gmail put your messages in spam then your server might have been used as relay from spammers.

Plase check if you are on blacklist using : http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Enter your External Exchange IP or domain.

Highly recommended that you check your queue and message on your Exchange servers:

Start Exchange powershell and run:

get-queue

and

get-message

If any of those commands list unormal queue and message (sender is not known to you), then your server have been compromised.

It could also be one of your users have infected laptop.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Monday, October 19, 2015 6:05 PM
  • Gmail must think that you're a spammer.  That could be because your domain or IP address is blacklisted, you don't have a proper SPF record, you don't have a proper DNS PTR (reverse lookup) record, your banner may not meet their standards, or something like that.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, October 15, 2015 8:38 PM

All replies

• Gmail must think that you're a spammer.  That could be because your domain or IP address is blacklisted, you don't have a proper SPF record, you don't have a proper DNS PTR (reverse lookup) record, your banner may not meet their standards, or something like that.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, October 15, 2015 8:38 PM
  • Hi,

According to your post, I understand you have some problems with Gmail.

Have you received any NDR on sender side?

Please refer to Ed's suggestion and check if you have a proper PTR record.

You can have a look at the following thread to get more useful information:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/c087453b-60a7-4df4-acef-2c4ed5b63b38/exchange-2013-srv-record-reverse-dns-spam?forum=exchangesvrgeneral

Regards,
    David 

Friday, October 16, 2015 3:04 AM
  • SPF Records and DNS PTR:
    Is that something I setup or is it my internet developer that set this us?
    Because when I setup MX Records the internet developer managed that.
    Monday, October 19, 2015 10:13 AM
  • Hi,

if gmail put your messages in spam then your server might have been used as relay from spammers.

Plase check if you are on blacklist using : http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Enter your External Exchange IP or domain.

Highly recommended that you check your queue and message on your Exchange servers:

Start Exchange powershell and run:

get-queue

and

get-message

If any of those commands list unormal queue and message (sender is not known to you), then your server have been compromised.

It could also be one of your users have infected laptop.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Monday, October 19, 2015 6:05 PM
  • Hello,

Please let us know if you are getting any NDR. If yes, please update

also provide events related.

Run the tool to check if Gmail has identified this as Spam

http://mxtoolbox.com/NetworkTools.aspx

Regards,

Praveen

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts @ Techrid.com

Monday, October 19, 2015 8:24 PM