none
Informtion of backup size RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we have configured a protection group for files based on windows shares. Now we have the isue that we need to know how much data is backed up for every single share instead of only the complete protection group. But we could notfind a way to get this information out of the DPM. We also tried to just create a new protection group for the second share but it looks like there is a limitation that all shares from one file server has to be backed up via the same protection group.

So is there any other way to find out how much data is stored for share A, how much for ShareB etc. ? I know that i could go to the DPM server and look into the file system but this way is not really usefull for a hugh number of shares.

Marco

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 1:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm assuming you are asking how large the recovery points are for each share ?  There is no way to tell that because it's handled by Volume Shadow copy service (VSS) and it works at the volume level, not share level.

The data on the DPM replica volume will be the size of the sum of all shares, and there is no way in DPM to break that down by share.  You are best to do that on the protected server, look at the properties of the folder being shared and it will give you the data size on disk. 

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, June 24, 2011 1:00 AM