none
I've changed the PWA home page - how do I change it back

Question

• I've changed the home page in PWA from the page that shows you all the new tasks etc. to:

..../pwa/Project%20Detail%20Pages/Forms/AllItems.aspx

How do I change it back to the page it was originally?

Andrew

Trying to stop the swap to Salesforce - but the errors keep a coming

Monday, June 24, 2013 4:56 PM

Answers

• Sorry, I'm just about out of ideas.  You could create a new page, add quick-launch links to it, add the Reminders web part, etc., then make it your home page (you know how to do that ;-) )

Good luck!  Maybe someone here knows the easy way to recover.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can set the URL of the home Link under Site Actions/Site Settings/Navigation/Navigation Editing and Sorting/Home/Edit

Best,

Renke

http://www.holert.com Project Management with MS Project - Oldenburg, Berlin, Munich/Germany

Monday, June 24, 2013 5:16 PM
  • Hi Renke;

Thanks for the help... but

so far so good: I can change the home page: but... I can't find the page it was out the box. I can change to any page but I can't find the one where it lists the number of new tasks new approvals etc.

How do I find that page?

Here's what I see

Monday, June 24, 2013 7:54 PM
  • Change the URL for Home to ..../pwa/default.aspx

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Monday, June 24, 2013 10:12 PM
  • Hi

I think that's my problem - the default page is the PDP page - I can't find the page that lists the new tasks

Here's how it is set up

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:10 AM
  • I think I accidently pressed this button whilst on the PDP page

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:23 AM
  • Try looking in Site Settings > Site Welcome Page.  It should end with /[name of your instance].

Example:  http://domain.com/PWA

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:57 PM
  • Thanks Reid;

however if I open up Site Settings and [ctrl +f] on 'Site Welcome Page nothing' is there

I also tried doing this 'Reset Page to Site Definition Version' and either it doesn't work as I expected or I'm messing it up; as the default page still isn't the nice otb page with all the new tasks etc.

Anyone else know how I can revert it back to the true default page

Andrew

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:39 PM
  • OK, it's called Welcome Page.  It is the first item in the Look and Feel section.  You shouldn't have to Ctrl-F to find it

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:43 PM
  • I take it that it should be listed here: (but it isn't :( )

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:59 PM
  • Sorry, I'm just about out of ideas.  You could create a new page, add quick-launch links to it, add the Reminders web part, etc., then make it your home page (you know how to do that ;-) )

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:12 PM

This is perfect! - all I probably ever needed was the reminders web part; this has worked a treat. Thank you for your help. And I now know even more about creating these home pages than ever before.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:41 AM
  • Navigate to your default homepage, select Edit Page from the cogs symbol, and while in edit mode click "Make Homepage" in the ribbon.

I've been looking for the answer to this for a week and this thread inspired me to find it, so thanks!

Jamie

Friday, August 28, 2015 5:13 AM