EHLO/HELO response doesn't match send connector FQDN RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I've set the FQDN on my Send Connector to exchange.swyd.org, but when I telnet to the server on port 25 and type HELO, it is still returning exchange.alguire.local

this is an all-in-one Exchange Server.

Another thing that doesn't make sense to me, is that when I disable the Send Connector I am still able to telnet to port 25.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary

Friday, December 9, 2016 5:14 PM

Answers

• Greetings,

I've set the FQDN on my Send Connector to exchange.swyd.org, but when I telnet to the server on port 25 and type HELO, it is still returning exchange.alguire.local

Another thing that doesn't make sense to me, is that when I disable the Send Connector I am still able to telnet to port 25.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary

The send connector isn't involved when you telnet to your Exchange Server. The receive connector is what you are connecting to.

Blog:    Twitter:   

• Marked as answer by galguire Saturday, December 10, 2016 9:05 PM
    Saturday, December 10, 2016 4:21 PM

All replies

• Greetings,

Thanks,

Gary

Gary

The send connector isn't involved when you telnet to your Exchange Server. The receive connector is what you are connecting to.

Blog:    Twitter:   

• Marked as answer by galguire Saturday, December 10, 2016 9:05 PM
    Saturday, December 10, 2016 4:21 PM
  • Thank you very much!

Gary

Saturday, December 10, 2016 9:05 PM