Project 2007 - Adding a Project Server Account RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone been able to create and then connect using a Project Server 2007 Account after launching virtual version of Project 2007 Professional SP2? I go to Tools\Enterprise Options\Microsoft Office Project Server Accounts menu option to add the account and set it as default, but when relaunching Project 2007 it errors out with the following error:

"Could not connect to Server - Project Server could not be contacted" error message

I have tried creating it during the sequencing process as well as leaving it out of the sequencing process but each time receive the above error.

Sequencer- App-V 4.6
    Sequencer OS - XP SP2

Any input is greatly appreciated.
    Monday, March 8, 2010 1:27 PM

Answers

• What's worth a check are Proxy Settings inside the virtual environment (Virtual Registry), esp. if Sequencer and Client use different Proxy settings. App-V tends to capture "some" IE settings even if IE was not touched at all during Monitoring, and therefor the Virtual Application may use different settings.

Falko
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, March 9, 2010 5:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:48 PM
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This error message indicates you can not reach the Project Server.

What I usually verify is that there is basic network connectivity, that this works with a native installation and other things that might narrow down the problem there is reaching the project server.

/Znkac
    Monday, March 8, 2010 2:00 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. The application behaves correctly outside the virtual environment with a local installation of the application. The issue only occurs when the application is streamed with App-V. 

I have brought Procmon into the virtual environment and couldn't pinpoint the issue. I have tried many combinations to get around the issue without success.

Any other thoughts to narrow down or work around the issue?
    Monday, March 8, 2010 4:27 PM
  • hello,

I had this issue a couple of times, but it never related to any work done on the sequencer / client, but was simply that the server was not reachable (someone crashed it, network down - you name it).

App-v shouldn't impose any hinders on network traffic, but if you suspect that it does it would never hurt to check if anything network related was captured.

/Znack
    Monday, March 8, 2010 6:38 PM
  • What's worth a check are Proxy Settings inside the virtual environment (Virtual Registry), esp. if Sequencer and Client use different Proxy settings. App-V tends to capture "some" IE settings even if IE was not touched at all during Monitoring, and therefor the Virtual Application may use different settings.

Falko
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, March 9, 2010 5:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:48 PM
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 3:17 PM