Outlook 2007 problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 16 month old HP computer, runs Windows 7 and Office/Outlook 2007.  As of a few months ago, I cannot send pics to people using Outlook, only using Google's Picasa, with my gmail account.  Every time I try to send a pic from one of my picture folders, Outlook will not come up in order to type in the person's email address that I want to send the pics to, it completely disables Outlook, and I have to restart my computer in order to use Outlook again.  It's unacceptable, I don't like using Picasa, I want to use Outlook to email pics, but I can't.  Does anyone have any clue as to what's going on and how to fix it?
    Friday, June 10, 2011 2:56 PM

Answers

• Click Start=>Control Panel=>Programs=>Default Programs and change the applications that are used by default.

You can also change the file associations to applications, undo associations(have none) for picture file extensions, then a choice menu will open when you select a graphic file.

For both you can reset to defaults and begin again-usually easiest.

As previously mentioned, uninstall the Google app and reboot.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:41 PM

All replies

• I'd start by un-installing Picasa!
    Friday, June 10, 2011 9:41 PM
  • Hi,

According the issue, I recommnd that you may uninstall Picasa first, then check the problem again.

Since it’s an Office related issue, you may access our Office forum for more information:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Thanks for understanding

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:07 AM
  • Click Start=>Control Panel=>Programs=>Default Programs and change the applications that are used by default.

You can also change the file associations to applications, undo associations(have none) for picture file extensions, then a choice menu will open when you select a graphic file.

For both you can reset to defaults and begin again-usually easiest.

As previously mentioned, uninstall the Google app and reboot.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:41 PM