My Window's 7 is stuck on Safe Boot/Administrator CMD prompt. RRS feed

• Question

• My Window's 7 is stuck on Safe Boot/Administrator CMD prompt. When I opt to do a normal start up or start up recovery process, the end result is either I'm automatically directed to safe boot/administrator CMD prompt or I get to the sign on screen and after inputting my password I'm redirected to safe boot/administrator CMD prompt respectively. I disconnected my computer from the internet, then went to Start > Shut Down and received a warning message that said something like "are you sure you want to shutdown user data might be lost".

• I've gone to Windows Advance Options Menu > Boot Menu but the curser is unable to click/select a new boot source.
    • I've tried rearranging the boot devices in BIOS and the end result is unchanged.   
    • I tried a recovery disc. This brings me to the Windows Advance Options Menu. On two separate attempts, I selected normal startup and then start up recovery ending in the same outcome.
    • I ran "sfc /scannow" and some of the files were not recognized and could not be repaired.
    • I ran tasklist -v and -m but I didn't see any thing that stands out for me to taskkill. 

Please help?

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 4:07 PM

All replies